Old 06-04-2015, 09:39 AM   #11
I'm not familiar with your model, but if it has a winterizing port or kit, that might be the problem. In winterizing, the line to the water tank is closed to make the pump draw RV anti-freeze. If you know where your pump is, trace the line that goes to the tank. There will be a valve in it. Make sure it's open.

As to the Murphy Bed . . . can't help you there. Good luck & don't let it get you down. In my experience, many of the sales people, technicians, and others related to the RV industry lack the expertise their supposed to have. You can learn to take care of lots of things with the help of forums, you tube, and a do-it-yourself handbook or two.

00buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 10:49 PM   #12
Thanks 00buck...that's exactly what it was...funny thing is...they put in a new water pump before they checked the winterizing valve...or so I was told. I now have a new pump, a new DVD and a repair and reinforcement of the murphy bed.

Acadia National we come! Thanks to everyone who is much appreciated, especially since we are travel trailer camping novices.

BellaLynda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:02 AM   #13
We have had a microlite 23 LB and now a 25 bhs, in the LB we traveled with the bed open as there was nothing but a very cheap latch to hold it in the wall. the husband built a 2 x 2 block that fit in the corner of the closet for better anchorage of the bed. On our new BHS there is now a metal plate which is better, as the BHS must be upright for travel due to the slide, but I still wand him to put the 2 x 2 in this one too. We love the Murphy bed system.
Good luck,

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Wig and Sue Luzier
amiprivateer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:31 PM   #14
Thanks, Sue. I chose the murphy bed because my SO is wheelchair bound and his chair fits and moves about nicely in the unit when the banquet slide is out and the bed is up. (It also works with the bed down, but it's a bit more of a challenge for him to get in and out with the bed in that position). We installed a "personal" lift so he can transfer from his mobility cart outside onto his wheelchair inside. Now that we have this neat little set-up we can't wait to hit the road. We did 17 national forests and parks two years ago with a Little Guy teardrop, an easy-up and his wheelchair...smiles...what an adventure...but we're ready for a bit more comfort now!

BellaLynda is offline   Reply With Quote