Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #1

Unhappy Flagstaff Microlite 21FB Interior Sheeting

Any ideas on how to secure the light sheeting material which frames in the front Queen size bed. Under the bed is a storage area with 3 drawers in the front. The bed lifts up for access to this area The thin wood material is attached to the aluminum frame with small finishing nails which are coming out? Any good ideas on how to fix?

DAB46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #2

I have a Flagstaff 18RB and the table seats had the same problem nails shot into the frame. The nails came loose. I replaced the nails with small screws. I counter sunk the sheeting for a flat finish.
Phil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #3

Just sent a thanks to Phil1 but have a few more questions. Did you drill a small hole through the sheeting into the metal and use a tapping screw? Did the screw heads show after countersinking? We also have a similar problem on the sheeting behind our bench seats at the table.

DAB46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #4

I drilled a hole in the sheeting slightly larger then the screw and counter sank the hole. Then I drilled a hole smaller than the screw into metal. I used small flat head sheet metal screws they screwed into the soft metal easy. The screws showed but with the counter sank holes they passed my wife inspection. I think you could drill a hole slightly larger than the screw in the sheeting and then use a self tapping screw. Hope this helps.
Phil
Phil1 is offline   Reply With Quote