Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 12:28 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 156
Flagstaff Satellite Wiring

Anyone know how the 2014 flagstaffs are setup (wiring) for satellite?

Are they setup with correct splitters for the three TV?
__________________

__________________
2014 Flagstaff 831BHDS
2010 Ram 2500 Cummins 4.10s - Superchip'd
Built-in Controller
Hellwig Sway Bar 7272
Equalizer Hitch system
Long Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: X
Posts: 2,781
I looked at the Features sheet for your RV and it looks like you have a single input shared for Cable or Sat. So the first important question is whether you're talking about Dish or DirectTV.

With Dish, no splitters allowed unless you have a Hopper/Joey setup.

With DirecTV and SWM technology, if you put your power inserter outside, you might be able to use the wiring/splitters that are there, but probably not. Hopefully some Flagstaff owners can relate their experiences.
__________________

__________________
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #3
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
...With Dish, no splitters allowed unless you have a Hopper/Joey setup...
We have Dish at home and use splitters and also in the 5er. Just means that the TV's on the splitters have to watch the same channel if they are both on at the same time.
__________________
OldCoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:07 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
I looked at the Features sheet for your RV and it looks like you have a single input shared for Cable or Sat. So the first important question is whether you're talking about Dish or DirectTV.

With Dish, no splitters allowed unless you have a Hopper/Joey setup.

With DirecTV and SWM technology, if you put your power inserter outside, you might be able to use the wiring/splitters that are there, but probably not. Hopefully some Flagstaff owners can relate their experiences.
Thanks.
__________________
2014 Flagstaff 831BHDS
2010 Ram 2500 Cummins 4.10s - Superchip'd
Built-in Controller
Hellwig Sway Bar 7272
Equalizer Hitch system
Long Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:35 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Islander View Post
Anyone know how the 2014 flagstaffs are setup (wiring) for satellite?

Are they setup with correct splitters for the three TV?
Speaking for my 2014 Flagstaff, the answers are Yes and Yes, resp. Satellite is routed to the Living Room TV only. The correct splitters send the antenna and cable inputs to both TVs.
__________________
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Edition | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L | K&N filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
Wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 PM.