Old 09-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #21
We have the V-Lite 30WIKSS Travel Trailer and we love our island kitchen floor plan. We have the optional leather theater seating and wood table and chairs. Also have the fireplace and minimum carpet w/wood-look roll flooring. Our house is nice, but the TT is even nicer. This is our first RV; good to know the options are available in a 5er if we decide to go that way in a few years.

It is true that you have to put the kitchen slide out to get into the frig, but we don't tow with the frig running anyway. We've used a standard cooler in the truck, but are thinking about one of the thermoelectric models. Know there is a lot of debate about running the frig on propane while towing, but we would probably forget to turn it off before we pulled into gas station. Seems like it would pull too much off the truck battery to run it on electric, but that's not a topic I'm know much about.

Ray and Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #22
Flagstaff fifth IKWS

We were new to rving in 2008 and we had a Flagstaff Classic super lite with 2 slides and no need to open anything on the road to get to anything. The fridge ,stove and table were in full access. We always have fun the fridge on our travels from Canada to New Mexico and now to Texas. We used the slide locks as we were told and always shut off the fridge at the gas station. A friend of ours who sell Ithasca and big rigs told us we were crazy shutting it off to fill up. We did it anyway.I don't know which is right but we do it. We also do not mind on a short stop to open the one slide about one foot and you can access the fridge and stove and back to the couch and table with not problem. We usually stop at a rest stop for lunch and it takes very little time to do so. Much less than at a fast food place and you are eating better. We also carry a cooler which work on 12v in the truck or electric and we use it for cold drinks and water and maybe some healthy snacks. I have always liked the Cedar Creek models but they were too heavy for our F-150 King Ranch so when we saw the diamond package of the IKWS we fell in love with it. We have the leather lazy boy recliners , minimum carpet which I also like as we had a lab and slate look flooring. The cupboard at Cherry. There is nothing I don't like about it. It really feels like home on the road. We did replace the new mattress which is at our house still in the plastic with a memory foam one and I put a heated mattress pad on it for cool nights. We have had this mattress when we also had the previous trailer which when we traded it in after five years the dealer thought that we had never used the unit. Whoever buys it will be getting a great trailer and great deal. Hope you enjoy as we do and look forward to the winter in the south .

VD Roskamp is offline   Reply With Quote