Old 10-02-2017, 02:46 PM   #1

Fold out couch problem

My fold out couch. It sets in the slideout. When I have it folded out for bed and push back in it will not hold. It will slide out into middle aisle when traveling. It appears that the hold clips are not engaging. The bolts or screws at the bottom that hold the couch are stripped. What would be the best way for repair? Out of warranty. Remove the screws and replace with larger ones. Remove and put in screw holders? Drill new holes in bottom of coach support and relocate screw holes? Do the screws just screw into bottom of slideout wood? I see the problem but not tried to fix. Anyone else have this problem?

txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:08 PM   #2

Is it wood

ejohnson1144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:11 PM   #3

The whole couch is moving?
ejohnson1144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:36 PM   #4

Mine does the same thing if I don't get it in just the right position when putting it back into the couch position. I have learned to test it by pulling on it until I get it right. not much help but what I do.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:26 PM   #5

Ours does the same! It is a real PITA. As well as being the most uncomfortable bed eve

Ours does the same! It is a real PITA. As well as being the most uncomfortable bed ever!!
deewhite0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:52 PM   #6

I am not sure what is moving in your case. Ours at as in the same place on the floor but wants to unfold or pull out towards the center of the trailer. It's alway done that. Don't like it and would like to replace t with some nice chairs. Nobody will sleep on it anyway.
Canadiancrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:59 PM   #7

Had the same issue.
When you slide it back in, PICK UP on the back of the cushions and push it a little and "drop it". then the hooks will catch.
Pull on it, if it moves they didn't catch and do it again.
Took me about 4 months to figure this out and a few posts on here till some one told me the above. Now I have it down and it stays in just fine.
Think of it being an upside down J hook when you are putting it in and getting it to lock.
markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:03 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb5900 View Post
Had the same issue.
When you slide it back in, PICK UP on the back of the cushions and push it a little and "drop it". then the hooks will catch.
Pull on it, if it moves they didn't catch and do it again.
Took me about 4 months to figure this out and a few posts on here till some one told me the above. Now I have it down and it stays in just fine.
Think of it being an upside down J hook when you are putting it in and getting it to lock.
Thanks, will try playing with it some more.
Canadiancrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 06:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by txredfish View Post
My fold out couch. It sets in the slideout. When I have it folded out for bed and push back in it will not hold. It will slide out into middle aisle when traveling. It appears that the hold clips are not engaging. The bolts or screws at the bottom that hold the couch are stripped. What would be the best way for repair? Out of warranty. Remove the screws and replace with larger ones. Remove and put in screw holders? Drill new holes in bottom of coach support and relocate screw holes? Do the screws just screw into bottom of slideout wood? I see the problem but not tried to fix. Anyone else have this problem?
If your sofa is like mine, the dealer ended up having to do some welding on the frame of my sofa sleeper in order to make the sofa remain upright and not moving around when the TT was in transit. The sofa had been put together incorrectly during manufacturing and there was no way to make the sofa stay upright and in place until the service guy welded. It is still challenging for me to get the sofa to stay upright but my sister has no trouble at all.
"Know yourself, know your world. Change it." Anonymous
kittlecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:17 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by txredfish View Post
I had this problem on my 2015 Flagstaff as well. After months of frustrating about it I revisited the couch instructions. Sounds too simple, right? When you put the couch away it is absolutely necessary to too lift the front up to angle the assembly as you're pushing it back in. Lift, push back firmly then set the front down. It's working perfectly for several trips. Hope this helps everyone!

PapaWayne is offline   Reply With Quote