Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2017, 01:13 PM   #1

Foreign Debris in black tank

I have a 25FKS. I drained the black tank over the weekend, and didn't seem to drain properly. OK--Let flush tank water run, open & close tank valve a few times, let water build up, drain, water clear, still didn't drain right. Cleaned out the drain hose--a piece of wood came out-looks like a piece from when they cut the hole in for the toilet Sooo, came home, left about 4 gallon of water in the tank, went to flush the tank and lots of KA KA came out, no more debris. Flushed and flushed--nothing. I was wondering if anybody has taken the ABS line off at the tank entrance. I see it has a adjustable hose clamp around the fitting at the tank entrance. That being said, the ABS line is really tight--next to the frame, ETC
Any ideas would be appreciated!!
olgeezer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 06:18 PM   #2

There are so many bad puns to throw in here, but I’ll do my best. How do you know there is more debris in there? Have you opened the toilet valve while looking in the top of the tank? If there is wood in there, my guess is the tank needs to be dropped. I don’t know how else you can get out the bigger pieces.
Good luck with a shi*** situation.
spydunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 06:28 PM   #3
Site Team

This is not unusual. There are many posts where the scrap from cutting the hole in the floor or the tank top falls into the tank and is just left there. If you got the wood out, you may be OK. Fill the tank add some digesting chemicals and let it sit for a few days, then try dumping again. If you get a good flow of water ( woosh) when you open the black tank drain valve, it is working and you should be OK.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, tank