Old 06-22-2014, 05:07 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maron View Post
....Since it bounces off a satellite it makes no difference if you are in the middle of the woods or in Timbuktu.
Actually it does.

I use to think the same thing (satellite so no geographical problem) but last time I travelled to Canada I discovered my DirecTV would not work in Ontario (not far from Toronto). Long story short is that they are legally prohibited from transmitting signals outside the US (DirecTV). That prohibition works per my experience.

2010 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L | K&N filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
Wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:25 AM   #12
Maron

Send a message via Yahoo to Maron
That and not being able to carry arms...are another reason not to camp in our northern neighbors territory.
But I did notice that you have camped in many of our southern States and it would work there.
That is a shame about Dish cuz it is a nice option where you can get it. Thanks for the comment.

Old 06-22-2014, 11:33 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maron View Post
That and not being able to carry arms...are another reason not to camp in our northern neighbors territory.
No need for the 'arms' in Canada so that olnly leaves one reason not to camp there and as for that reason, just being there alone will make you forget the TV.

That said the OTA TV you can get there is quite good. For one thing there is no ads by drug companies, lawyers, doctors and others that bend the limits of ethics.
2010 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L | K&N filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
Wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:46 AM   #14

Just to be perfectly clear about the booster in trailers: when the booster switch is 'on' (pushed in) and the little blue LED light is on, the signal from the antenna goes into the TV. You would then put the TV in 'antenna mode' and scan for channels. When the little switch is in the off position (out) and the LED light is off then the signal form the 'cable input' on the side of the trailer is sent to your TV. You would then put your TV in the 'cable' setting and scan for channels.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:07 PM   #15
Maron

Send a message via Yahoo to Maron
Any grizzlies?

Tags
forest river