Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2018, 08:11 PM   #1

Forest River Extended Warranty Approval...

Took my 5th wheel to dealer to have the rear Lippert jack motor replaced. They said it would be fixed in a couple of days. They called me up after a couple of days and said they would replace it for $299.00 and had one in stock. I said that I have the Forest River extended warranty that covers jacks and they said oh. They said they would have to call Forest River for approval to replace jack. I said OK. I'm thinking it's just a simple call for approval and they are saying it could be up to a couple of weeks for approval I'm thinking really!!!! Has anyone else had this issue or know how long and approval should take? I feel like i'm getting the run-a-round!!! I want to go camping!!
2015 F150 , 5.0 , 3:55 axle
mikdor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 08:43 PM   #2
Site Team

Dealer is playing you.
Why don't you contact FR and see if the dealer has actually submitted anything.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 08:51 PM   #3

x2 what bikendan said
Old 05-13-2018, 10:13 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to MendocinoExplorer Send a message via Skype™ to MendocinoExplorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRedburn View Post
x2 what bikendan said

Anyone know of the phone number to call Forest River about such things? I have similar concerns.

Thanks!
Old 05-13-2018, 10:36 PM   #5
Site Team

Look at the FR contact sticky, in the RV Industry section.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 05-14-2018, 01:01 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to MendocinoExplorer Send a message via Skype™ to MendocinoExplorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post

Thanks. Will do.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:34 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikdor1 View Post
Took my 5th wheel to dealer to have the rear Lippert jack motor replaced. They said it would be fixed in a couple of days. They called me up after a couple of days and said they would replace it for $299.00 and had one in stock. I said that I have the Forest River extended warranty that covers jacks and they said oh. They said they would have to call Forest River for approval to replace jack. I said OK. I'm thinking it's just a simple call for approval and they are saying it could be up to a couple of weeks for approval I'm thinking really!!!! Has anyone else had this issue or know how long and approval should take? I feel like i'm getting the run-a-round!!! I want to go camping!!

Depending on dealer, they may not want to take a part they have in stock and can sell for immediate money, to use on a warranty repair that they have to wait for reimbursement on. The couple of weeks could be the time it takes to get the warranty part in from Forest River.

They may not want to actually tell you that, since they already let the cat out of the bag that they have a part in stock.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:42 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Will call them today. Thanks for the info. bikendan!!!
Old 05-14-2018, 01:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Depending on dealer, they may not want to take a part they have in stock and can sell for immediate money, to use on a warranty repair that they have to wait for reimbursement on. The couple of weeks could be the time it takes to get the warranty part in from Forest River.

They may not want to actually tell you that, since they already let the cat out of the bag that they have a part in stock.
X2
Having lots of Fun traveling with my wife
old40ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 02:32 PM   #10
Director, FROG

Try going to FOREST RIVER CONTACT PAGE.

Put your cursor on "Recreational" (don't click), then pick your brand -- Coachmen, Dynamax, Forest River, Palomino, Prime Time, or Shasta -- and click that brand.

On the next page, select your RV TYPE -- Motorhome, Toy Hauler, Fifth Wheel, Travel Trailer, Destination Trailer, Camping Trailer -- and click, then the brand, then "Contact Us." You'll get contact information for sales and service, contact information for that division, and an online form for sending a message to the division.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 05:52 PM   #11

Spoke with rep. at Forest River and they were willing to help out.They looked up my camper vin to see if a WEB# had been sent to them by dealer. They couldn't find anything. So they are going to contact my dealer and give approval to replace jack. Dealer probably won't be to happy with me doing this but OH WELL!! Who knows maybe they will make me wait longer!! They can approve the new jack but I don't think they can make them rush to get it done!!!
Old 05-14-2018, 05:56 PM   #12
Site Team

NEVER believe the dealer when this kind of issue comes up.
They love to use the manufacturer as a scapegoat so the customer won't get mad at them, for their incompetence.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:27 PM   #13
2 years till retirement

Quote:
Spoke with rep. at Forest River and they were willing to help out.They looked up my camper vin to see if a WEB# had been sent to them by dealer. They couldn't find anything. So they are going to contact my dealer and give approval to replace jack. Dealer probably won't be to happy with me doing this but OH WELL!! Who knows maybe they will make me wait longer!! They can approve the new jack but I don't think they can make them rush to get it done!!!
I think that you have them all wrong. I'll bet they will be glad that you helped them out with the phone call to get approval. Probably will get it done before the weekend.

Signed,
Pollyanna...

Proud owner of:
2017 Arctic Wolf 265DBH8 5th wheel
2017 Ford F150 3.5L ecoboost
Rusty the Rhodesian Ridgeback (we think)
gpeitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 07:36 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpeitz View Post
I think that you have them all wrong. I'll bet they will be glad that you helped them out with the phone call to get approval. Probably will get it done before the weekend.

Signed,
Pollyanna
LOL!!
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 07:59 PM   #15

Forest River warrenty

They want Happy Campers. I have a Flagstaff Was told by a factory rep to get part number and they will send you the part. Much faster than dealing with Dealer. If you can fix things yourself you will be camping soon. They are great to work with...........DKL
831 BHDS Flagstaff 2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:16 PM   #16

Quote:
The dealers do not like dealing with the warranty stuff because of the paper work they had rather you pay them for the work and be do with it.
wcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 05:02 PM   #17

Update:Called dealer yesterday, no jack!! Called dealer again today, no jack!! Said there was no tracking #. Called Forest River again, they checked to see when jack was ordered by the dealer said it was ordered this on the 15th!!. Then lippert ships to them then they ship to dealer and it won't be there until next Fri. at the earliest. The 15th two days ago!!! I dropped off camper on the 4th!!!Unbelievable, now I have to go pick it up 75 miles away because we have a camping trip planned for Memorial weekend. Then take it back in June to have the jack put on.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:17 PM   #18

Extended Warenty

I feel for you> Been there done that. Talked to warenty department told me part was shipped on a date and should be there. Went to dealer and they said they couldn't find it. Said they had not reciever it. Went home and called warenty again and asked for delivery date, time and who signed for it. They gave me the infro. I was not happy!!!! Went back the next day and asked if they had a employee by that name. They did, I told them it was deliver on date and time and signed for. Told them if they couldn't find it that I would.. Guess what they made a effort then and found it. I didn't have to drive 75 miles but I did have to drive 40. Big box dealers just dont give a xxxx. But forest River did.
831 BHDS Flagstaff 2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:59 PM   #19

Update: Picked up camper and battery was completely dead!! Just bought a 27 closed cell battery and hoping it is going to still be good!! So I had to hand crank landing gear to hook up. When we got home, as I was backing up 5er to park it my wife came up to my window and said something was hanging off the back of the camper. I got out and took a look and saw this I drove 70 miles!!!! Wow lucky this jack motor didn't fall off and go through someones windshield!!!! So now not sure if I want to take it back again to have the new jack assembly put on. I can put the jack on myself but I don't think Forest River would let me do it. I'm done!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	motor.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	514.0 KB
ID:	172460  
Old 05-19-2018, 09:37 PM   #20

Angry

Quote:
Update: Picked up camper and battery was completely dead!! Just bought a 27 closed cell battery and hoping it is going to still be good!! So I had to hand crank landing gear to hook up. When we got home, as I was backing up 5er to park it my wife came up to my window and said something was hanging off the back of the camper. I got out and took a look and saw this I drove 70 miles!!!! Wow lucky this jack motor didn't fall off and go through someones windshield!!!! So now not sure if I want to take it back again to have the new jack assembly put on. I can put the jack on myself but I don't think Forest River would let me do it. I'm done!!!!
The sad thing is that most of the dealer repair shops out there are the same they just do not care about your camper they only want to sell the new ones....
wcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, warranty