Closed Thread
Old 09-10-2016, 05:21 PM   #31
Originally Posted by uphillracer View Post
This is the body of an email I had to send to Forest River:
FR, Flagstaff Micro-Lite 25DKS

Our third FR RV and our most disappointing experience yet. It makes me wonder what Warren Buffet taught y'all about cutting corners for profits. We have been in it on our maiden voyage for two weeks: poorly sealed or not sealed at all interstices between the bathtub/shower and the wall; blackwater tank leak; greywater tank drainage; bathroom sink drainage. This is not only totally unacceptable, it reeks of lack of attention to detail and makes me question the overall quality of this RV. I am very close to trading it in at a loss to cut my losses and I shouldn't have to do that with a brand new RV. Also, you may want to pull Country Creek's (Mississippi) sales ability. They provided virtually no dealer prep, were not honest about a number of things including the extended warranty contract they sold me. IMHO if you want to maintain a reputation for the quality we experienced with our prior 2 RV's you need to pay attention to detail. Bob Byrne knows me and I'm sure he would not be happy with my experience. Could you handle a swap plus cash for a better RV in Indiana? I shouldn't have to lose money if I do that for another FR RV. I am disappointed and very concerned.

Since the FR response did not provide for a full credit and swap I discovered the Grand Design line. I took a $4K beating on the trade but I believe obtained a much better constructed RV.

Having said that I would caution Forum readers about buying from Country Creek in Hattiesburg MS. IMHO if they had provided thorough dealer prep most if not all of these problems would have been discovered.

The next caution is if anyone tries to sell you an "extended warranty" from "XtraRide". The promised roadside assistance is a joke. You can cancel as I am doing but it must run through the selling dealer and will take 4-6 weeks to process a check. I find this totally unacceptable. Country Creek expected me to drive from Mobile AL to Hattiesburg to sign a form and getting them to send me one was like pulling teeth. Three days later no form. I complained to the owner and demanded he FedEx one to me and the piker refused to spend $15 to do it. Then he said 4-6 weeks because he has to wait for XtraRide to send him payment. He's too cheap to front the money - only $1800. Some businessman! Oh, BTW, the XtraRide "protection" is underwritten by Protective Life....not a great company IMHO.

I am now beginning to believe the lack of attention to detail by FR. I will never buy one again. And, IMHO avoid Country Creek.

Henry Schwarzberg JD
No matter the price, brand new should not have these problems. Just because one doesn't pay tens of thousands of dollars for a unit doesn't mean they get poor workmanship. They just don't get the bells and whistles as someone else mentioned. And, the manufacturer should stand behind their product...maybe try camping in this unit!

Bonnie and Rich
Winston (Rat Terrier)
Digby (Lhasa Apso)
2014 Shamrock 23IKSS
Old 09-10-2016, 06:12 PM   #32
UpHillRacer is a little too wrapped around the axle at the moment but I agree with his basic point. While for some $15 is a weekend in Vegas, for other it represents a sufficient investment to expect quality workmanship. This is not a used unit bought on the cheap, but a new TT. FR is not a fly by night outfit and has indicated a willingness to make repairs. I do not think that having an expectation of good workmanship on a FR product is unreasonable. On the other hand, I guess these days there is no expectation that people do their job correctly, only that they whine about automation and imports.

Old 09-10-2016, 06:20 PM   #33
Been RVing for 30 years and the last two have been FR Products. The first was a Flagstaff ......relatively low end and it showed. Not in shoddy workmanship but in general quality of fixtures etc. ( you get what you pay for) The one we have now is a 2011 T28RKS Wildcat. We have put it to the test on some tough pulls..... last year to the Arctic Coast and back (15000+KM) with 1600KM of that on gravel. NO issues with anything! So my MHO is that , like all products, RVs, vehicles
Clues etc, there are lemons but generally speaking FR build pretty good product. They do , however need to be aware if they have a dealer out there that is running a shoddy operation and , although I have no idea who they are , sounds like they are not dotting all the "I's" and crossing the "T's". Over the years, I have been much more aware of being proactive on PD walk through and make sure I have a written list of things I want covered .
I spent 40 years in sales looking after customers and I proved over and over again it's not having a problem that's an issue with customers, it's how they Are dealt with after the fact. Good luck with your Grand Design......nice units.
Floyd & Carolyn
2012 F150 S/crew 4X4 6.2L 6Spd Tow Max Firestone airbags.
2011 28RKS Wildcat. Yamaha 3000iseb Generator.
2013 22 nights.2014 57 nights.2015 116 nights +14300KM
2016. 63 nights
Old 09-10-2016, 07:03 PM   #34
Originally Posted by slipf18 View Post
For those of us who grew up in the sixties.... "RIGHT ON!!!" FR has lost my support as well. Cheap and shoddy materials and workmanship throughout. Winnebago, here we come!

Ok. Bye!
Phil and Dianna
2011 Berkshire 390 RB
Old 09-10-2016, 07:04 PM   #35
Site Team
Originally Posted by uphillracer View Post
Lawsuit to follow. More as the world turns. Thank all of you for your comments.
This thread is now closed since a lawsuit is pending . To the OP, Please do not try to reopen another one as this is against the site guidelines now.

Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes: This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with sellers, manufacturers and dealers through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community.

This thread really explains FRF position:

why threads are shut down

2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

I've just ordered a chicken and an egg from Amazon.... I will keep you posted.
Closed Thread

forest river