Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #1

Forest River Roof Warranty

Does anyone know if a 2007 Flagstaff 26 Travel Trailer with some beginning rubber roof delamination is still under warranty? I have not bought the trailer yet but the price is good and the trailer is in extremely good condition...
1055fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:05 PM   #2

Your best bet would be to call Forest River directly and talk to them. My guess is no on the warranty but FR has been quite good about such things in the past so you never know. Someone here should have the correct phone number for the division that makes Flagstaff.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:58 PM   #3

The roof is made of Thermoplastic Olefin (TPO), not rubber, and is made by Alpha Systems.
As far as I know, it is warranted to the original owner only.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #4

NOT COVERED. I am selling my Rockwood after that sort of thing was not covered.
erinsluck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinsluck09 View Post
NOT COVERED. I am selling my Rockwood after that sort of thing was not covered.
You'll find the same with all manufacturers.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:54 PM   #6

It may not be a delamination issue. My new Flagstaff had several wrinkles in the roof and the dealer told me the roof material is not bonded to the roof and the wrinkles are normal. Not satisfied with their answer I checked with Forest River and they confirmed this.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:30 AM   #7
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by backin15 View Post
It may not be a delamination issue. My new Flagstaff had several wrinkles in the roof and the dealer told me the roof material is not bonded to the roof and the wrinkles are normal. Not satisfied with their answer I checked with Forest River and they confirmed this.

Just went through this with our 1 month old 2011 V-Lite and same answer, it is not bonded so it can move as temps change.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:53 AM   #8

The thermoplastic olefin is just warranted to the original owner only. So, it means that if you are not the original owner then it is not warranted.
angielily18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:49 AM   #9

Thanks for this information. I just bought a new rockwood 1809s that I will pick up in a week and If this problem shows up I will not be panicking on this issue.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:23 PM   #10

My 2011 26RLSS flagstaff came with a 7 year warranty on the roof. Original owner only.
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white View Post
My 2011 26RLSS flagstaff came with a 7 year warranty on the roof. Original owner only.

Now you do understand that is a warranty for the actual roof material only. If you do not do maintenance on the seams and around hardware and you have a water leak into the trailer that is another story.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:34 PM   #12

great white: the roof on these trailers is garanteed for 12 years and not 7 years according to the litterature.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Now you do understand that is a warranty for the actual roof material only. If you do not do maintenance on the seams and around hardware and you have a water leak into the trailer that is another story.
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capucine View Post
great white: the roof on these trailers is garanteed for 12 years and not 7 years according to the litterature.
I'll have to check my paperwork.

great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:26 PM   #14

If you read the warranty on this roof it is quite deceiving. The warranty is pro rated and after a short period it is next to nothing. Read the sheet that came with the bundle of products included in the pouch. I looked at my new trailer roof and it looks well done. They tell you to make sure that you wash it every season with the proper cleaner.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:22 PM   #15

What is the best maintenance procedure for the TPO roofs and any recommended products?
jclark6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:32 PM   #16
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
100% correct. The warranty is on the material.

I believe if the roof does leak and cause damage, you "may" be able to claim against your homeowners insurance. Check your policy on "outbuildings."
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:28 PM   #17

I have recently purchased a 2011 Flagstaff V-Lite. I am trying to determine if there is a sealant/ protectant for the roof. I am under the impression I should only clean it. Camping World said to use Dicor twice a year. This is what is on the Forrest River site FAQ's Q-What should I use to coat my rubber roof?
Nothing! The only maintenance to the rubber roof itself is washing it a few times a year. Most standard household detergents are appropriate (avoid petroleum based solvents, harsh abrasives or citrus based products) to clean with warm water. Keep debris cleared to help avoid stains.

Any help would be appreciated
jclark6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:45 PM   #18

You are correct in a good washing is best. The dicor is a self leveling (or non self leveling for sidewall applications) caulking that you use to touch up or recaulk joints and seams. Around vents, etc. Some time once or twice a year looking carefully over your roof and touching up the sealant is one of the best cheap investments you'll make in the life of your camper.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff