Old 09-27-2017, 08:38 PM   #1

Smile freedom express to flagstaff ??

we have 2016 Freedom Express liberty edition 276RKDSLE and we are thinking of upgrading to flagstaff 2018 29KSWS. Is flagstaff a better trailer than the freedom express. What are your thoughts. Had so many issues with our freedom express but I believe that all campers have issues that need to be worked through. Just wondering what people think please.

mbanovetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:18 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. In my opinion Flagstaff is the best made trailer at Forest River but then it's mine! lol Your question is very subjective and will get as many opinions as there are different units.

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 09:00 AM   #3

Thank you!!!

Thank You SeaDog. I just needed to hear that flagstaff is good. I see we have a ladder and from what I have read that means we can walk on the roof. That will help in cleaning and checking it out each year. Thanks for you feedback. We will make final decision tomorrow as we are having them hook power up to it and we are going over it with a fine tooth comb. LOL. stay tuned.
Old 09-28-2017, 02:27 PM   #4
Site Team

You do realize that there is a Rockwood twin model, to the 29KSWS?
They are built in the same factory and on the same assembly line.
Only difference between Rockwood and Flagstaff are the outside graphics and interior decor.
You might get a better price on the Rockwood model, since there are way more Rockwood dealers than Flagstaff dealers nationwide.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 02:41 PM   #5

Thank You!!

Yes I do know that there is a twin in rockwood BUT no one sells rockwood here or even close. As it is we have to go 2 hours to check this one out and the next available camper place is 5 hours away and they do not have rockwood either. FOr issues I rather stay closer to home to have repairs. But thanks for pointing that out.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:16 PM   #6

FYI

Had a wheel fall off my 1yr old Flagstaff..
Old 09-28-2017, 09:45 PM   #7

Have a Rockwood and it has been a pleasure, a few minor problems that were taken care of under warranty. Love the torsion suspension.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:34 PM   #8

Closing in on 4000 miles on our Flagstaff over 1 year. So far treating us well. Boy, you are WAY up north. Was visiting your neck of the world last week, but only got as far north as L'Anse. Had to get a cinnamon roll...
Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2019 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 05:30 AM   #9

AWWW love those Cinnamon rolls

Yup way way north. NExt year come in october and see our fall colors. It is gorgeous. I grew up on those cinnamon rolls. My friend now owns the Hilltop it was in her family. We usually camp at fort wilkins in Copper Harbor. SO pretty out there. I grew up in Eagle Harbor in the summers.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:38 PM   #10
ARLO

I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your

questions answered. In my opinion Flagstaff is the best made trailer at Forest River but then it's mine! lol Your question is very subjective and will get as many opinibons as there are different units.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanovetz View Post
Yup way way north. NExt year come in october and see our fall colors. It is gorgeous. I grew up on those cinnamon rolls. My friend now owns the Hilltop it was in her family. We usually camp at fort wilkins in Copper Harbor. SO pretty out there. I grew up in Eagle Harbor in the summers.
DW was a bit disappointed that the colors weren't more developed while we were there. Some yellow and a bit of red but mostly green. Visit timing was based on getting to the Frog-tober-fest FROG rally in Amana IA. We are having a great time here with some very fun people. Already putting the rally on the calendar for next year...
Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2019 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 09:53 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam20500 View Post
DW was a bit disappointed that the colors weren't more developed while we were there. Some yellow and a bit of red but mostly green. Visit timing was based on getting to the Frog-tober-fest FROG rally in Amana IA. We are having a great time here with some very fun people. Already putting the rally on the calendar for next year...
Usually mid October we have full color. I am been seeing all these rallys. We must go one year. WE Upgraded yesterday to a flagstaff Super Lite 29KSWS. We pick it up this coming friday. I sure hate emptying a camper and then repacking a new one. UGH!. Me and couple pups will sleep in it tonight one last time before we get rid of this Freedom Express liberty edition. It sure is a nice camper but we will have more room in the new one.

Tags
flagstaff, freedom