Old 11-08-2018, 02:51 PM   #1

Frozen Plumbing

Flagstaff Microlite has cold weather protection throughout EXCEPT for outdoor kitchen which has no way to turn off water to sink. Why would a manufacturer claim unit can withstand freezing temps with such an obvious flaw in design? Only thing I can think of is to put a small heater inside outdoor kitchen compartment. Any ideas? Thx

iMaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:15 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMaki View Post
Flagstaff Microlite has cold weather protection throughout EXCEPT for outdoor kitchen which has no way to turn off water to sink. Why would a manufacturer claim unit can withstand freezing temps with such an obvious flaw in design? Only thing I can think of is to put a small heater inside outdoor kitchen compartment. Any ideas? Thx
Cold weather protection does not mean your plumbing won't freeze! Do Not Believe it.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:28 PM   #3

That claim is for the waste tanks themselves, maybe put inline 3 way valves that drain those pipes of water leaving air behind.

2013 Rockwood 8289WS 2012 Rockwood 2703 SS TT 2007 Golden Falcon 38FLA PM 1983 Corsair 21RB
2015 Ford F250 PS '13 F150 3.5 Eco '09 F150 5.4 l 1987 Merc Grand Marq 1982 Ford E250 CW
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:40 PM   #4

Quote:
I find it hard to believe they didn't put a shut off somewhere, mine is under my kitchen sink
koller1509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:42 PM   #5

Quote:

add a valve so you can turn off the water to the outside kitchen .
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:15 AM   #6

Unless your living it your camper full time....Winterize it...problem solved.
Nights Camped 2018 = 28
Nights Camped 2017 = 27
jtatum65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:50 PM   #7

I have camped with my Super Lite in single digit temps and the only thing that froze was my waste valves. I left my outside kitchen closed the entire weekend and I didn't have any issues. I was more worried about the outside shower. Buy a thermometer with a remote sensor that you can place in the outside kitchen and keep an eye on it. If there are any cabinets behind the kitchen you could open them so some of the heat from the trailer can get into the kitchen.
bigmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:17 PM   #8

Quote:

No such thing as cold weather protection, unless you take appropriate measures everything will freeze in cold weather.

Tags
plumbing