Old 03-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #21

I believe that VINs are assigned from the trailer frame. Not on the line yet and you have no VIN yet. You most likely will get a 2013.

Be patient about this. 8-10 weeks is normal for spring. You happened to order when bunches of other people did too.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #22

Call Forest River directly and ask on the status. There should be a number on the back of your brochure for your camper. I'm sure you picked one up at your dealer. I've called a couple times with random questions and they have been very helpful. I have not called my dealer, nor do I expect to hear anything from them until it comes in, which is an est. 6-8 weeks.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:52 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKapa View Post
I think that factory rotates every 2 weeks. I believe it's the same one where our Roo is being made. When I talked to the sales rep about tours he mentioned something about it switching every 2 weeks. We ordered our Roo the same time and you and we haven't heard anything yet either. Are you sure you are getting a 2012? I was told they switch over sometime in March, which is why ours is a 2013.
When we ordered ours on Saturday the 25th the dealer told us there was going to be a price increase of 10% on Monday 27 wonder if thats the diff between 2012 and 2013?
Old 03-20-2012, 12:43 AM   #24

I know we had to pay $600 more then we were quoted at the camper show since we could only get a 2013. I talked to our factory rep and he said the only difference for us was that the outdoor table and grill were standard.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:55 AM   #25

We ordered our class C December 20 and it was made about February 15. Got the VIN about that day. As it took a week to get it to the dealer, we had plenty of time to get insurance and plates. One item was different from what we expected--a vastly improved radio/sound system. Well worth the "surprise". Because I had been asking questions, and got an answer from a FR employee, I did get a PM from him when my unit was scheduled for production. This was a case of him being in the right place at the right time to know and share that information. IMHO that should not be an expectation we have of the FR people on these forums. (My dealer gave me the same info 24 hours later) .
Old 03-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkaccountant View Post
We ordered our Rockwood at a show in Cleveland in early January and are still waiting. I think my dealer mentioned that he ordered it at the end of January.
That's surprising. We ordered our Rockwood 2306 (same as you right?) on 18 January; on 7 February we got our offline date and VIN. The trailer was ready at the dealer on 1 March. Wonder why yours would take so much longer?

I have to say, the whole RV business is a fascinating one...
Old 03-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdefeo1 View Post
WE ordered a 2012 flagstaff on 2/25/12 . we were told six weeks for delivery its been three weeks and my dealer says he still dosn't have a vin number. we need it for our bank plus were getting nervous that well never get this thing. also read on this forum that the factory rep e-mailed a customer when their unit was about to go on line .just wondering if this in common or the exception. if any one has experienced similiar issues would appreciate some insight. Or how their process went with their newly ordered TT.
Seriously dude, you need to take a deep breath and relax! You ordered your TT 24 days ago. Twenty-four days. We ordered ours last year on March 9th. Our dealer told us 8 to 10 weeks for delivery, since we ordered when EVERYONE else in the country is ordering. At 8 weeks, I e-mailed him and asked if he had heard anything. He said he didn't even have an online date yet and said I'd be the first to know when he did. There was no contact from FR during this period; it was all handled by our dealer.

At 10 weeks and 1 day (on a Thursday) our dealer called and said our TT was being built on that very day! I received the VIN number on Friday afternoon. He said it should be out of quality control on Friday (it was!) and should be delivered that afternoon to the dealership (we only live 250 miles from the factory.). It arrived at 3pm on Friday afternoon and by noon on Saturday, we were driving it off the lot after our PDI. Friday was the mad dash for us - make sure we had insurance on the TT and the new to us TV, go to the credit union to pick up the check for the TT and go to the dealership to pick up the Ram. I don't think I slept much on Friday night, I was so excited!!

The key to all of this is to relax....your TT will get built, and it will get delivered. Our credit union managed to get everything settled with the financing, etc. with getting the VIN number about four hours before we picked up the check. And our insurance agent was able to get everything put together in very short order as well.

I know you're excited, just as we were, but it's only been 24 days. We had to wait a total of 73 days, which, now that I think about it, really wasn't that long after all.

I hope your TT is everything you hoped for. Happy camping!
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg_rider View Post
That's surprising. We ordered our Rockwood 2306 (same as you right?) on 18 January; on 7 February we got our offline date and VIN. The trailer was ready at the dealer on 1 March. Wonder why yours would take so much longer?
Mine is a 2306 as well. I have no idea why my unit is taking longer and have to say that I am a bit frustrated too. I think it's the dealers fault. I called FR yesterday and they said it is due to come off the line mid-April! The only reason I'm not raising more of a fuss with the dealer is that we live in Ohio and didn't really expect to camp this soon anyway plus I was hoping for a 2013 model year unit. I'm really looking forward to getting and camping in it though.

I'd like to hear your opinions of it (good and bad) and if there is anything I should look for when we pick it up but I don't want to hijack this thread. If you have any opinions then please drop me a PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #29

I toured the Flagstaff/Rockwood factory yesterday. An awesome process to watch. This factory only builds the Flagstaff/Rockwood Classic, Signature, V-Lite, Windjammer, Travel Trailers and 5th Wheels. Another factory does the regular Flagstaff's, Rockwoods, pop-ups, Roo's etc...

A trailer is build in only 1 day. They build 30 trailers a day and do similar trailers on the same day and rotate the type of trailer through on each day. They have great quality control so do not get nervous about 30 trailers a day. The VIN # is known on the day of build. Also at the end of the line when its finished they weigh the trailer and print the actual real weight of your trailer on a sticker and stick it on the trailer.

The laminated walls are built in another factory within waling distance. That way they are built in a humid controlled facility with state of the art equipment.

You will be getting a 2013 as my contact at FR told me. The only difference for now are the wheel rims that are on the trailer. My personal opinion is the new rims are AWESOME! Look even better than the 2012 rims and those were sweet too. No changes in color, flooring, outside graphics, or layouts until August. However yours will classify as a 2013 so thats great for value.

I ordered my trailer February 21st and they said my trailer would hit the line around the middle of April. Orders really started stacking up at the factory if you ordered in March. That is when the buck of orders came in, so you should be safe in getting it by May, but nothing is concrete till its built.

You will love the new rubber/vinyl roof they are putting on the trailers now. It is more durable, can be patched if it gets a tear, and does not leave black streaks as bad as the rubber roofs.

The factory tour was awesome to experience. My whole family went which includes 4 children. Was cool for them to see the whole process all come together. A great learning opportunity for us all and a place I could ask our contact questions about the trailer. He new it all.

Hope you love your trailer. I can't wait as well to have and start camping. This early spring in Michigan is wetting my camping appetite.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:25 PM   #30

Well what can I say. Thanks to all the great people on this Forum. I am no longer Frustrated! Everybody was a big help on my concerns.I didn't realize they built TT in one day. Thats why 4 weeks without a vin or no info made me nervous. Now that I understand the process I am relieved. I thought it took 8 weeks to build [DUMMY] I also called the factory today and they were great they basically told me the same things you guys did .[NO SURPRISE THERE] I will be getting a 2013 and I should be on line in 1 to2 weeks so about mid April.Cant wait once again this forum rocks. HAPPY CAMPING.