Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2012, 05:23 PM   #61
Snowsail

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrackney View Post
I toured the Flagstaff/Rockwood factory yesterday. An awesome process to watch. This factory only builds the Flagstaff/Rockwood Classic, Signature, V-Lite, Windjammer, Travel Trailers and 5th Wheels. Another factory does the regular Flagstaff's, Rockwoods, pop-ups, Roo's etc...

A trailer is build in only 1 day. They build 30 trailers a day and do similar trailers on the same day and rotate the type of trailer through on each day. They have great quality control so do not get nervous about 30 trailers a day. The VIN # is known on the day of build. Also at the end of the line when its finished they weigh the trailer and print the actual real weight of your trailer on a sticker and stick it on the trailer.

The laminated walls are built in another factory within waling distance. That way they are built in a humid controlled facility with state of the art equipment.

You will be getting a 2013 as my contact at FR told me. The only difference for now are the wheel rims that are on the trailer. My personal opinion is the new rims are AWESOME! Look even better than the 2012 rims and those were sweet too. No changes in color, flooring, outside graphics, or layouts until August. However yours will classify as a 2013 so thats great for value.

I ordered my trailer February 21st and they said my trailer would hit the line around the middle of April. Orders really started stacking up at the factory if you ordered in March. That is when the buck of orders came in, so you should be safe in getting it by May, but nothing is concrete till its built.

You will love the new rubber/vinyl roof they are putting on the trailers now. It is more durable, can be patched if it gets a tear, and does not leave black streaks as bad as the rubber roofs.

The factory tour was awesome to experience. My whole family went which includes 4 children. Was cool for them to see the whole process all come together. A great learning opportunity for us all and a place I could ask our contact questions about the trailer. He new it all.

Hope you love your trailer. I can't wait as well to have and start camping. This early spring in Michigan is wetting my camping appetite.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info, we ordered our 8280 diamond on the feb. 29 so I guess we'll get it at the begenning of may. Happy to hear about there quality control.
Snowsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowsail
Thanks for the info, we ordered our 8280 diamond on the feb. 29 so I guess we'll get it at the begenning of may. Happy to hear about there quality control.
Just heard from my dealer and my TT is built and will be shipped to dealer this week! Sweetness I can't wait. Picking it up next week and I told the dealer to be ready for a lengthy pdi as I am going to turn everything on, slide everything out, and operate everything that has a moving part, including checking all seals, seams, doors, slides, etc... They replied with, we would not expect anything else. It's much easier for us to fix it before you take it and they will make their own extensive pdi before I come to try and catch stuff before I get there.

I love Westland Camping Center in westland Michigan. What a great dealer. Check them out if you are looking. They have a great selection of Flagstaffs and more.

www.westlandcamping.com
Equalizer 4-Point Sway 12000# & Tekonsha P3
pbrackney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:07 PM   #63

Good four you I hope everything goes great for you Let us know how you make out . And don't forget the pics. I am still waiting to hear something
Old 04-22-2012, 07:59 AM   #64

I would think you should hear something this coming week since we ordered about the same time even though they are built in a different factory. Good luck and will post pics when I get it.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #65
ARLO

Flagstaff factory

we have a 2010 829fkss Flagstaff and after visiting the factory for a tour on Tuesday, we are glad we chose a Flagstaff. It was well worth the visit. They have excellent quality control and inspection throughout the whole mfg process and not just at the end of the line.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:17 AM   #66

Thanks for the info always like to here that. Makes us feel better for the long wait Someday we are going to take the tour. Just wondering did you drive there? and if you did about how long was the drive Thanks.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #67

Tour

Was also were at the factory tour with Rlocicero and all I can say is WOW. Was great to see the hard work and quality effort that goes into each unit. My 8528rkws is being built there this week and I can't wait.
T.Kott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #68

Does any body know if the slide rooms are built in a differant part and brought in or are they built with the unit. Reason I ask is the last TT I ordered the lap sealent was wet when they closed the slide and it made a mess on the top seal and it was never right again hope this don't happen again Thanks
Old 04-26-2012, 05:31 PM   #69

What I saw at the plant was that the slide outside shell was built offline and then installed as a unit. Two guys just pick it up and slide it in.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:46 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlocicero View Post
we have a 2010 829fkss Flagstaff and after visiting the factory for a tour on Tuesday, we are glad we chose a Flagstaff. It was well worth the visit. They have excellent quality control and inspection throughout the whole mfg process and not just at the end of the line.
Still waiting for my TT to come offline .Do you know if they inspect all water lines ,electrical,appliances ,slide out operation and seals,electronics[tv radio]. Any info would be interesting.Can you tell I'm getting anxious?{THAT'S A UNDER STATEMENT]Thanks.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #71

All of the plumbing is tested with water pressure in ALL of the water lines and then drained. I did see the slides functional. Appliances were not tested. At the last station, the interior is pressurized and they check for any leaks with soapy water. Any leaks are fixed. The unit is then weighed and the sticker is put on the trailer before it goes out the door. Three times a day, a trailer is put through a water spray booth to make sure the build process is still good and there are no leaks.
I know what you are saying about being anxious. Ours was supposed to be built yesterday.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:53 PM   #72

Thanks a lot Hope they use my TT To put through the water spray booth HA HA
Old 04-26-2012, 08:09 PM   #73

They also check the video system. Not necessarily the TV, but the connections. At one station on the line, they have a TV that they hook up to and test the DVD player.

I also saw them testing the electrical lines with meters and the like. The tour moved pretty quick so I could not see exactly what they were testing.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #74

Hey all. For those of you waiting for a 2013 Flagstaff/Rockwood v-lite, windjammer, signature ultra lite, classic super lite here is a picture of the new wheel rims.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	12843
Old 04-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #75
Mod free 5er

Sure glad I got a 2012 is all I can say.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:22 PM   #76

Jdefeo1, this bud is for you. A real horror story. Ordered the RV at the show in Cleveland, January 2011, put money down.

We ordered minimal carpet, meaning no carpet at the front door, just a little piece than runs along the slide out about 18” wide from the bathroom to the front of the RV. The RV did not arrive with the minimal carpet, it had full carpet. Since Myrtle Beach is our destination twice a year, read sand, there was no way the DW would accept what we did not order. Being the nice guy I am, and sometimes the fool, I paid in full for the RV on February 19.

A quick fix, no more than two weeks. You’ll have to forgive me here because I can’t remember the exact time line. Well we wait and wait. DW gets to thinking she just doesn’t want them to glue new linoleum over what is there now so that issue and the time issue is working on her mind.

Come to find out they can’t find an installer that will touch the job. OK, we are still waiting, why did my dumb ***** pay for it. I had called the factory because at one time the dealer said they didn’t have the linoleum from them to put down.

So one Friday, end of March early April I call the dealer. All taken care of, it just left for the factory, they will do the install, be back in a week.

At that point we crossed the nuclear threshold. Excuse me, but you are taking MY RV where? I’ll have to tell you my Mother was Polish and anyone on the other end of the phone I was using knew it.

I called back to the factory, still Friday, I don’t want customer service, I don’t want warranty, I want to talk to someone that signs the ‘fill in the blank’ checks. This guy got to the bottom of it within an hour.

First and foremost. We had ordered the best selling trailer they build. If the dealer had called the factory on the following Monday February 21 they would of built it to order and taken the one there back. So what the factory did was gut the trailer, kitchen and bathroom to the walls, everything out. Laid new linoleum wall to wall, and put it back together. By then the relationship with the dealer was poisoned to say the least. They, FR, delivered it to our home with two weeks to get it ready to leave for MBTP in early May.

To this day I don’t know who told the lies and who told the truth, but sometimes you just have flip completely out to get any place with some people. It has been a great RV, little issues from putting screws back into the holes they came out of, things like that.

Best part, I have a real friend at the factory that will help me with any problems I have, we have to make a run out there some weekend.
2021 Chevy High Country 6.6 gasoline
Hensley Arrow, best investment ever!
MIKE44460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE44460 View Post
Jdefeo1, this bud is for you. A real horror story. Ordered the RV at the show in Cleveland, January 2011, put money down.

We ordered minimal carpet, meaning no carpet at the front door, just a little piece than runs along the slide out about 18” wide from the bathroom to the front of the RV. The RV did not arrive with the minimal carpet, it had full carpet. Since Myrtle Beach is our destination twice a year, read sand, there was no way the DW would accept what we did not order. Being the nice guy I am, and sometimes the fool, I paid in full for the RV on February 19.

A quick fix, no more than two weeks. You’ll have to forgive me here because I can’t remember the exact time line. Well we wait and wait. DW gets to thinking she just doesn’t want them to glue new linoleum over what is there now so that issue and the time issue is working on her mind.

Come to find out they can’t find an installer that will touch the job. OK, we are still waiting, why did my dumb ***** pay for it. I had called the factory because at one time the dealer said they didn’t have the linoleum from them to put down.

So one Friday, end of March early April I call the dealer. All taken care of, it just left for the factory, they will do the install, be back in a week.

At that point we crossed the nuclear threshold. Excuse me, but you are taking MY RV where? I’ll have to tell you my Mother was Polish and anyone on the other end of the phone I was using knew it.

I called back to the factory, still Friday, I don’t want customer service, I don’t want warranty, I want to talk to someone that signs the ‘fill in the blank’ checks. This guy got to the bottom of it within an hour.

First and foremost. We had ordered the best selling trailer they build. If the dealer had called the factory on the following Monday February 21 they would of built it to order and taken the one there back. So what the factory did was gut the trailer, kitchen and bathroom to the walls, everything out. Laid new linoleum wall to wall, and put it back together. By then the relationship with the dealer was poisoned to say the least. They, FR, delivered it to our home with two weeks to get it ready to leave for MBTP in early May.

To this day I don’t know who told the lies and who told the truth, but sometimes you just have flip completely out to get any place with some people. It has been a great RV, little issues from putting screws back into the holes they came out of, things like that.

Best part, I have a real friend at the factory that will help me with any problems I have, we have to make a run out there some weekend.
Mike I'm glad everything worked out for you .Good for you. hope you guys enjoy your TT .have fun