Old 01-26-2014, 12:16 PM   #1

Function of switches

Just purchased a 2008 flagstaff travel trailer and cannot find out any info on some of the switches. Need to know what the four under the kitchen cabinet controls and the one on the wall beside the dining room table before you get to the bunk beds. Thanks so much for any assistance anyone can give me.

Old 01-26-2014, 12:50 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lances home View Post
Just purchased a 2008 flagstaff travel trailer and cannot find out any info on some of the switches. Need to know what the four under the kitchen cabinet controls and the one on the wall beside the dining room table before you get to the bunk beds. Thanks so much for any assistance anyone can give me.
Howdy and welcome to the forums.

It might help if you can state what specific model Flagstaff you own, so others with that particular model can offer their advice for you.

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:59 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Most frequently the switches are for lights. As far as the interior, turn on all the overhead lights at the fixtures and then operate the switches to find out which controls what. Probably one of them are for the porch light outside.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:28 PM   #4

Model

I believe the model is 831QBSS. It is parked someplace else right now but I will confirm the model tomorrow. When I turned on the switches I did not see anything new turn on or off but it was snowing and too cold to ck much yesterday!
Old 01-26-2014, 02:52 PM   #5
Moderators' Assistant

pics are usually helpful.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:35 PM   #6

I will take pics tomorrow when I am back at the trailer and post them. Thanks for everyone's suggestions. They are very much appreciated.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:08 AM   #7

I do wonder why people are afraid to pull into a FR dealer and ask their questions. If you tell them you just bought your trailer they will help. Also go to the FR website and get a lot of downloads.
Toyota Tundra
SparkeyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:40 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Monica View Post
Most frequently the switches are for lights. As far as the interior, turn on all the overhead lights at the fixtures and then operate the switches to find out which controls what. Probably one of them are for the porch light outside.

Dave
And do this at night when its dark do you can see the lights. I had a switch in my bed room and kitchen of my wildcat that I didn't know why. Turned out they each operated a string of ambient "mood" lights that were not visible during the daytime.
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:22 AM   #9

Background

We purchased this camper through a salvage dealer in PA last Friday and on the way back to KY, we broke down and sat in freezing temps for 4 hrs until someone stopped to assist us. It was another 3 hrs before family arrived to tow the truck and camper back home. We made it safely home at 2 am on Saturday morning. Later that afternoon we started going through the camper and had the questions about the switches. There is no FR dealer located close to our rural area. I read through the owners manual and went to the FR website before posting my question on this Forum. I was hoping someone who had one could easily solve this mystery for me.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:26 AM   #10

We will check the lights when it is dark to see what the switches may operate. When we checked on Saturday, nothing was happening for all of them but we will keep trying. It was hard to do much with 6 inches of snow on the ground and arctic temps here in northern KY. We appreciate those who have offered advise on this subject. Thanks.