Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2016, 01:47 PM   #1

Furnace Heat Distribution

I have a Flagstaff 8528 IKWS 5er and we have been having some cold nights requiring use of the furnace. The unit puts out a lot of heat but most of the heat comes out of the 2 forward outlets. That makes the bath and bedroom warm but the living room cold. I looked at the furnace and it has 4-4" tubes which supplies the 4 outlets. The rear 2 outlets have the longest run which means there is more restriction and less flow. Reading the furnace manual, they were real specific about not restricting the flow or adding fans to increase the flow. Has anyone made modifications to even out the flow of heat?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
jmwisinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 02:09 PM   #2

I found other posts on this problem, so do not feel you have to reply. Most of the solutions delt with restricting the flow to the front registers which the furnace manufactures warn you not to do. Any other solution would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
jmwisinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:49 AM   #3

I used the variable registers in the floor too. Yes you do need to make sure you are getting enough air flow but I have run mine for 4 months in Northern Alberta, including 1 month at minus 40 and had no problems with the furnace. The fridge yes but the furnace, no. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1457614125.093041.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	101507Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1457614179.520883.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	101508
polymark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace