Old 06-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #11

A multi meter (ohm meter) is a very useful tool for diagnosing... I am an electrician by trade so I have plenty!

I still can't get passed thinking the wire is being pinched somewhere... somewhere under the main belly of the camper, or as you were saying where it is passing through steel beam...

If you are for certain that it's not a wire from the under side, I'd suggest pulling the stove hood as it is a steel container that is grounded with wires inside... If I had a multi meter I'd first check to see if the hood had continuity to the frame, which it should, as that is your ground. Then I'd check to see if the hood had continuity to the fuse holder, which is is direct contact with the hot wire that is suspected to be grounded causing the short. If the hood had continuity on either side of the fuse then the hot wire is coming in contact with the hood somewhere...

TV- 2015 Ram 2500 CCLB 6.7 Cummins 3.42 gears
Camper - 2015 Saber 322BHTS
avolnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #12

Ok thanks. I will purchase one and will try that . I hope its not the wiring beneath the floor since it looks impossible to get at.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:53 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh707 View Post
Ok thanks. I will purchase one and will try that . I hope its not the wiring beneath the floor since it looks impossible to get at.
Just a thought, if i were to disconnect every item one by one, would i be able to isolate the problem
Old 06-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #14

It's a possibility but with how things are typically wired I'm going to say it's probably going to be more of a waste of time. If you get really desperate after searching you could cut the wire to one slide and then check it. If it solves it then the issue is down stream from there... Not the preferred method but I have had to do this a time or two in homes...

TV- 2015 Ram 2500 CCLB 6.7 Cummins 3.42 gears
Camper - 2015 Saber 322BHTS
avolnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by avolnek View Post
It's a possibility but with how things are typically wired I'm going to say it's probably going to be more of a waste of time. If you get really desperate after searching you could cut the wire to one slide and then check it. If it solves it then the issue is down stream from there... Not the preferred method but I have had to do this a time or two in homes...
Ok.i m really hoping that the short is in the kitchen and not in the subfloor....
Old 07-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #16

I opened the electrical box and a position 2(wheee the little red light turn on) there are three wires connected together(i suspect one is for my slide out interior lights, another for the stove hood and light and the third a light on the children slide out room). I disconnected them from each other and hooked rhem idividually to the electrical box. Darn all three still have the red light when i plug the rv. Now i m definately not an electrician however i dont believe all three wires shorted an the same time (unless. They are somehow somewhere inter connected someplace else.) Please help.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #17

If you can isolate the three wires that you said are hooked together. try one at a time as you re hook them up. if all 3 will blow the fuse it will be where they are connected together. Your problem can be a nightmare but I'm sure you can isolate each area good luck. Forget calling FR for a wiring diagram they will not have one, they told me it depends on the line who ran them they are all different. That's just so hard for me to believe.But I tried to get one, and that was their responds to me.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:54 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
If you can isolate the three wires that you said are hooked together. try one at a time as you re hook them up. if all 3 will blow the fuse it will be where they are connected together. Your problem can be a nightmare but I'm sure you can isolate each area good luck. Forget calling FR for a wiring diagram they will not have one, they told me it depends on the line who ran them they are all different. That's just so hard for me to believe.But I tried to get one, and that was their responds to me.
Thats exactly what i did,,all three blow fuses,,,cant understand why
Old 07-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #19
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh707 View Post
Thats exactly what i did,,all three blow fuses,,,cant understand why
You are going to have to find where the 3 connect and where they are touching a ground. I would start by pulling the electrical panel and look very closely where those 3 wires exit the box.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post

You are going to have to find where the 3 connect and where they are touching a ground. I would start by pulling the electrical panel and look very closely where those 3 wires exit the box.
Pulled the panel box. Fuse number 2. There are the 3 wires connected together and a pigtail(i believe thats what it is callee, single wire running from the three to the panel). Alll three grounds looked ok so i removed the three wires from each other including grounds, them hooked them on by one to the panel ( using same pig tail, making sure the right grounds were hooked also). All three short each their turn. Just realized that i used the same pigtain for each test, cant believe that was the problem...could it (defective wire-pigtail)?