Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2014, 07:48 PM   #1

Fuse locations

After reading numerous threads on dead slides etc.. I decided I better load up on a selection of fuses and find their locations. Found the slide fuses where everyone said they would be but with 3 slides and three fuses all the same color wire I guess it will be trial and error if one of them goes out. The electric stabilizers appear to be in the fuse box as there is a 30 amp fuse and a very sloppily written what appears to be PSJ. Also another hand written 7.5 amp which I cannot decifer what is written at all. Could this be the power tongue jack which is the only fuse I can't find? Is the tongue jack fuse in the fuse box? We have a 27RLWS. Thanks.
cub22908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:57 PM   #2

Oh man i learned the hard way.

Go through everything on your trailer and make sure you have many spares of every type of fuses. Go to your dealer if you can, or ask the manufacturer.

ATO fuses, 40 amps, 20, 15, 1, 7.5 and probably many more.
Also appliances like fridge have fuses as well.

Check well and get all of them with many spares so you are not left wondering why your fridge is so hot when you run out of battery even though you are plugged into an electrical source. Turns out I reversed the polarity on my battery by mistake and blew the two 40 amp ATO fuses that protects stuff. No spares. Radio would not work even after i put in new 40 amps when I got back home. There are in line 7.5 and 1 amp ATO fuses.

From experience, talk to your dealer or whoever you can and get all the fuses.
Camped 2014 - 23 days
masarost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:39 PM   #3

May want to pick up a small meter with pointed probes to test fuses. Makes for less crawling under there. Grab a meter, crawl under, test, replace the right fuse and get back up. Been there, done that, bought the meter and did it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slympicins View Post
May want to pick up a small meter with pointed probes to test fuses. Makes for less crawling under there. Grab a meter, crawl under, test, replace the right fuse and get back up. Been there, done that, bought the meter and did it again.

Good idea, I will get one. I think you have the exact same options as I have. Do you have a 7.5 amp fuse in your box with a hand written label? I can't make heads or tails of what is written for that fuse in mine. Do you know what it is? Dan
Old 07-10-2014, 10:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cub22908 View Post
After reading numerous threads on dead slides etc.. I decided I better load up on a selection of fuses and find their locations. Found the slide fuses where everyone said they would be but with 3 slides and three fuses all the same color wire I guess it will be trial and error if one of them goes out. The electric stabilizers appear to be in the fuse box as there is a 30 amp fuse and a very sloppily written what appears to be PSJ. Also another hand written 7.5 amp which I cannot decifer what is written at all. Could this be the power tongue jack which is the only fuse I can't find? Is the tongue jack fuse in the fuse box? We have a 27RLWS. Thanks.
Maybe easier and less time consuming. Carry a Radio Shack catalog of stores for everywhere you plan to be! The shack carries every fuse you will probably need. If you don't cross wires, you won't blow many anyway. I been at it for close to 30 years, only fuses I've blow were reverse polarity fuse on the converter, accidental live contact to ground. "What ever fuses you carry, you'll blow another you didn't," Confucius
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:45 AM   #6

Dan I would have to look for that one. I haven't had to replace one of those yet just all the 30 amp under the front of the TT. When inward removing my water filter I had to r&r the slide computer box to untangle the filter housing. The housing was in a nest of hoses and wires. Forgot to turn off the battery and poof. "Honey bring me the box of fuses". Have a small parts box with fuses and batteries along with a Lowes ohm meter. Prefer a Triplet meter but no need to pay the huge dollars for a simple task.

Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:22 AM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

For my slides I had replaced the fuses with auto resetting circuit breakers of the same amperage.
Now almost all of my fuses are self resetting circuit breakers.
Attached Images

TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
For my slides I had replaced the fuses with auto resetting circuit breakers of the same amperage.
Now almost all of my fuses are self resetting circuit breakers.
That sounds like a good idea. I didn't know they existed. Thanks

Tags
cat, fuse, location