Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2010, 07:32 PM   #1

Got rid of my Flagstaff 26RLS after 1 month...

....and traded it in for another one!

You're not gonna believe this but:

I dropped in the other day to return my crapped out Concertone head unit that had died the first day we brought our 2011 Flagstaff 26RLs superlite home back in the first week of sept.

The dealer had just gotten in a 2011 Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 831RLBSS with the atrium slide.

Against my better judgment, I walked in to have a looky see as they didn't have one on the lot when we were buying.

Crap.

Right away I loved the atrium slide and the extra space. The larger Tv, pantry, dinette with actual chairs and zx700 with ipod option was also nice. The queen bed in it's own slide out and bedroom armoir was an extra nice touch

I took the wife down to look the next day and she agreed if this had been on the lot, this would have been the one we would have dealt on.

The dealer dropped in and after a long talk we headed to the finance office to see what could be done.

Long story short?

He paid out our loan amount on the super lite and we settled on a couple thou less than asking price on the 831RLBSS. The dealer sweetened the deal by buying down the interest rate by 1% with his option and we transferred the extended warranty (7 year hitch to bumper) over for a couple hundred. They're even coming out to pick up the trailer and haul it back to the dealership. I'll loose my two maxairr II vent covers, but a hundred bucks will buy me two more.

All told, after taxes in we paid a little bit less out the door than what it would have been for the asking price on the Classic originally. We have a lower interest rate and a stronger dollar to thank for not loosing on the trade up.

I pick up the 2011 Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 831RLBSS later this week....

Hmmm, does this mean I've got the shortest Flagstaff ownership record on the forum?

great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:03 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white View Post
....and traded it in for another one!

You're not gonna believe this but:

I dropped in the other day to return my crapped out Concertone head unit that had died the first day we brought our 2011 Flagstaff 26RLs superlite home back in the first week of sept.

The dealer had just gotten in a 2011 Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 831RLBSS with the atrium slide.

Against my better judgment, I walked in to have a looky see as they didn't have one on the lot when we were buying.

Crap.

Right away I loved the atrium slide and the extra space. The larger Tv, pantry, dinette with actual chairs and zx700 with ipod option was also nice. The queen bed in it's own slide out and bedroom armoir was an extra nice touch

I took the wife down to look the next day and she agreed if this had been on the lot, this would have been the one we would have dealt on.

The dealer dropped in and after a long talk we headed to the finance office to see what could be done.

Long story short?

He paid out our loan amount on the super lite and we settled on a couple thou less than asking price on the 831RLBSS. The dealer sweetened the deal by buying down the interest rate by 1% with his option and we transferred the extended warranty (7 year hitch to bumper) over for a couple hundred. They're even coming out to pick up the trailer and haul it back to the dealership. I'll loose my two maxairr II vent covers, but a hundred bucks will buy me two more.

All told, after taxes in we paid a little bit less out the door than what it would have been for the asking price on the Classic originally. We have a lower interest rate and a stronger dollar to thank for not loosing on the trade up.

I pick up the 2011 Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 831RLBSS later this week....

Hmmm, does this mean I've got the shortest Flagstaff ownership record on the forum?

Well, lets see some pic of this baby
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
Villa Estate 392FLFB

so bottom line, what was the damage to 'upgrade' so quickly?
Old 10-31-2010, 08:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
Well, lets see some pic of this baby

We don't pick it up until wed -ish.

Here's a similar TT :

Forest River Flagstaff 831RLBSS Greenleaf Wisconsin | 2011 Travel Trailer, Paul's Trailer & RV Center

Ours has all cherry cabinets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stuff View Post
so bottom line, what was the damage to 'upgrade' so quickly?
Bottom line?

I worked it out and we paid about $200 less than what we would have paid "all in" with no bargaining on price on the Classic.

"All in" is taxes, 7 year extended warranty and all.

Now, if we had of been dealing on the Classic originally, it would have been 2000-4000 less than asking price after the usual back and forth on final sale price.

We could have stayed with the Super Lite and it would have been a fine camper.

Ony problem would have been that we had seen the atrium Classic model and would have always been wishing we had that one instead every time we went out.

We plan on a 10 year ownership of the Classic Super Lite (as was the plan for the Super Lite), so paying list price is not that bad for peace of mind...
Old 10-31-2010, 09:58 PM   #5

Did you get the Sedona interior with the Cherry cabinets?
Isn't that atrium slide awesome?
I assume you got the free-standing table and chairs to go with the HUGE windows!
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:43 AM   #6

Congrates, just a word about the atrium slide, we had one like this on a TT from another manufacture, I recommend you get window tinting done and have the good stuff, that blocks out heat and cold as atrium windows do let in a lot of heat as well as light. Congrates again.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:43 AM   #7
J. Parham

I thought we were fast, but you have us beat out. Although maybe I have the record for total number of trailers in shortest time. In Jan 10 we purchased from an individual a Flagstaff 829RGSS. We liked the TT, but there were minor interior things as well as us not really having the right tow vehicle. After making a cross country move and living in the trailer for 3 weeks we decided to shop around. A local dealer gave a great trade allowance ($11K more than we paid for it) and we traded down in size.

We purchased a Shamrock 23RS hard rear slide TT. This one was nice. My daughter had her own bed but it was cramped when camping. Wife, 4yr old, 2 dogs and me in the 23RS was just a little small. I still did not like my tow vehivle performance so we traded the 6 year old truck in for a 2500 HD. So now with the big truck and the small trailer my wife says to me, "if I knew you were getting a bigger truck I would have kept the bigger trailer and this trailer is really too small for us." The search was on.

We found a floor plan we liked and decided to wait until 2011 to purchase. Well, last week we went by the same dealer and low and behold they had 3 on the lot. We took a look and the next day papers signed.

So my record for the forum, possibly, is 3 Flaggstaffs in 10 months: 829RGSS in Jan, 23RS in May and now a 8528BHSS 5er in Oct. We are excited to take delivery later this week.
snjparham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:54 AM   #8

"Congrates, just a word about the atrium slide, we had one like this on a TT from another manufacture, I recommend you get window tinting done"

If he gets the needed 'convenience' package, the windows come tinted quite dark. And they are safety glass as well.
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:32 AM   #9

What is an atrium?

2009 F150 SCREW4x4 Prodigy P3 and tow package Valley WDH and dual anti sway
2006 Party Barge 21 90 Merc Optimax
2011 RockWood 2702 SS arrived 11.10.2010
nights camped 2010 6
threegr8katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:20 AM   #10

An atrium slide has floor to ceiling windows and a real table and chairs instead of the dinette/bed.
grandpaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:41 AM   #11

Congrats on having the courage to go after what you really want. My wife and I actually cancelled an order on a 831FLBSS when we spotted the floorplan for the 831RLBSS. One of the addditional selling points was the ability to accomidate lazy boy recliners, (great sleeping spot for the younger grandkids) as well as certain older adults. LOL We have camped over 35 nights and with the exception of adding mods we wouldn't change a thing. Be prepared for the neighbors to come over for a tour when the spot the distinctive atrium windows. I am sure you will enjoy your new TT as much as we have.
rlwestbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:59 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by threegr8katz View Post
What is an atrium?
4 windows on the slide are floor to ceiling....makes it nice and bright...

front kitchen - My Photo Gallery
realebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #13
Villa Estate 392FLFB

mine is kinda like that in the kitchen

the slide and 2 windows go floor to ceiling. kinda bad picture but generally the same?

Old 11-02-2010, 09:22 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by threegr8katz View Post
What is an atrium?

Old 11-02-2010, 09:50 AM   #15
Villa Estate 392FLFB

ah so the consensus is that its lot of very large windows in one space

I do love the large windows. makes it very nice and open feeling.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:49 PM   #16

Had our Keystone for 12 months so you got us beat. New truck led to new trailer as the story goes.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff