Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #1

Graphics

Hello all. I just purchased a new to us, 2006 flagstaff forest river travel trailer - 829BHSS. We love it!

I do have a question about the outside stickers. I have searched google and I can't seem to find a place that sells the oem graphic sticker kit. Does anyone know where to purchase these. The trailer is in great shape, but the stickers are starting to peel off.

Thanks for any and all replys.

Phil
pavery1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:45 PM   #2

You will need to contact FR for them. But be prepared to pay through the nose for them. You might find it less expensive to remove all of them and have a good paint shop paint on duplicates. Might find it less expensive than you think.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:09 AM   #3

I did not think the cost from FR was that bad. I do not remember what it was, I tought under $200.00.

2015 Silverado High Country.
jackhartjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:20 AM   #4

Hi Phil,

I've ordered the OEM graphics from Forest River on 3 occasions.

Call Cindy(574-642-2640) in the Rockwood/Flagstaff parts dept. She's very helpful; and busy also. You may have to leave a message. She WILL return your call. She'll need your model & VIN number, so have it ready when calling.

As for the cost, they are no more than having them made locally. I've gotten prices from FR and from 4 Graphics/Sign companies and found FR to be right there with them. One think about buying from FR, I know I'm going to get the exact replacement. If your have the Graphics made locally, chances are they may be a different size.
Once removed, you'll find the fiberglass will be brighter, where the Graphics were, than the rest of the trailer. This is because the area hasn't been in direct sunlight. It will leave a Ghosting Effect where the factory Graphics were. So you may want the OEM to cover this same area.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:52 PM   #5

Thanks all for your replys!

I will prob. call this week and get a price.

Thanks again,

Phil
pavery1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:16 PM   #6

In most case the vinyl used in aftermarket graphics will be of a higher quality then the OEM graphics. Remember, the ones you have now have gone bad in 5 years, you want to do this again in 5 more years? If you go locally you can have custom graphics made instead of the same 'ol graphics everyone else has. Here is what I had made.

tgif: let's RV - HobbyTalk
HobbyTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:31 PM   #7

Very good point Hobbytalk thanks for the pictures. On our last rig the factory graphics started looking like crap within 2 years but that was from being in the Arizona sun. I would not replace factory graphics with like type, too cheap and as you point out they will not last any better. Good quality vinyl graphics of they type you mentioned are not all that expensive and a will last a lot longer.

There are lots of shops out there now with the ability to make just about any computer artwork or picture you want into graphics. That would be my choice.

Thanks again for the pictures Hobbytalk.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:44 PM   #8

The vinyl those are made from is warrantied for 10 years. The shop making them feels they will last 15+ years.

tgif: let's RV - HobbyTalk
HobbyTalk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff