Old 09-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #1

Grass not greener

Went to the big RV show in Dallas today. Went up and down steps for hours.

Except for a fireplace did not see anything that caused any trailer envy.

I'm liken' what i got!

Camping nights 2013: 130
Camping nights 2014: 17
Dovetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:57 PM   #2

I think things are really at a plateau right now as far a technologies or features they can add. Innovative floor plans are really few and far between. Changes in construction methods or materials could be exciting and spur sales - but the only thing they want to do is make things cheaper (i.e.. pressed board) instead of better (i.e. carbon fiber).

Old 09-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickthelen View Post
Went to the big RV show in Dallas today. Went up and down steps for hours.

Except for a fireplace did not see anything that caused any trailer envy.

I'm liken' what i got!
Just curious, Does your 8528ckss have the pop up tv with desk or the entertainment center. Ours has the entertainment center with fireplace. We too, like our fifth wheel.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:42 AM   #4
Wanna Be Camper

We have been going to the local shows for the 2 years since we bought our V-Lite and have yet to find a unit 5ver or TT that we would traded for as we love our floor plan and the TV location is perfect where in may units it is almost impossible for more than 2 people to see the TV. Well ok I kinda am lying, at the Rally in Indiana we did see one unit.... The XLR Thunderbolt 395AMP Toyhauler OMG what a machine.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:12 AM   #5
"On the road again"

Send a message via AIM to rjshiflet
We bought immediately after the Spring 2012 Fort Worth RV show - it's always expensive to go to those shows. But, with our Columbus 320RS - not sure there is anything out there that could cause trailer envy. We're loving our unit and the layout is exactly what we had mentally sketched out.

But - we always love hearing stories of other people going to shows...getting excited about new units and following the progress up to purchase and those first few trips out, so keep them coming.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
'17 Cardinal 3456RL - '17 Ford F350 Lariat Ultimate - DRW w/B&W OEM Companion hitch
Nights Camping 2012 & 2013 & 2014 & 2015 & 2016: 587 ~ Nights Camping 2017: 125
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #6

We went to the Dallas show on Friday, hoping to find a few TTs that we wanted to get an up close look and feel of. Found 2 of 3. Saw a lot of bigger rigs for fun, too. Then drove to Cleburne on Saturday and looked at another. Got some good information. We bought our first TT last summer, a Flagstaff 26rlss, and love it! Have been camping a dozen times already, and really enjoy it. But since then have gotten a stronger TV and would love something bigger...with a second grey tank, more storage, more floor space for us and dog, and also change from booth dinette to table and chairs.. Saw some neat new changes in the Forest River products...auto battery disconnect, deeper sinks and nicer faucets, larger doors. Funny how the little things count so much. Trying to decide if we should make do and wait a couple more years to trade up. Glad we found this hobby.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #7

We went to a show in St Louis a last week. Left everything there. Right now there isn't anything I would change about my Earth Station. It is a perfect fit for us at this point in our lives!!! I did see a picture from the Hershey show that showed a slide on the nosecap..... my first thought was........... ewwwwwww the bugs that will get into there. Nose isn't fun to clean to begin with!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx View Post
Just curious, Does your 8528ckss have the pop up tv with desk or the entertainment center. Ours has the entertainment center with fireplace. We too, like our fifth wheel.
Ours has the pop up tv. Seems like the fireplace could go into the desk kneehole ,but I don't think that is an option.

If I would have had a choice not sure what I would have picked. I just think thenfireplace is kinda cool. Do you use it?
Camping nights 2013: 130
Camping nights 2014: 17
Dovetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickthelen View Post
Ours has the pop up tv. Seems like the fireplace could go into the desk kneehole ,but I don't think that is an option.

If I would have had a choice not sure what I would have picked. I just think thenfireplace is kinda cool. Do you use it?
Have used the lighted flame but not the heat yet. Definitely have plans to use the heat this Fall. It does give it a homey feel when in use at night.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:12 PM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

My wife and I attended a show near our home last Feb. to "kill some time" and to check out new accessories for a used TT we had purchased the previous summer. We made our way through rows of various units until we came to the last row, back in the corner, I walked into a Sierra 365saq. My wife and daughters were down the row a couple units, and upon a quick survey of the 365, I went back out to the steps and told them all to come, NOW. We had always talked about what our "next" camper would be, and this was it. Long story made short, we purchased late March, 2 days before our planned spring break camping trip to FL. Could not be happier.