Old 06-17-2010, 06:21 PM   #11
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Good site. Kind of makes you wonder why FR can't do the same thing. It sure would make selecting a new RV a whole lot more positive experience than buying based on floor plan because the dealer doesn't have what you want on his lot.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:19 PM   #12

Hello,

Camper is in and we pick it up Thursday. We are excited. We hope everything works as it is suppose too.. I will post some pictures when it is in my driveway. Steve

Old 06-26-2010, 06:55 AM   #13

Camper is in the drive

Hello Everyone,

We picked up our camper on Thursday. We ordered the cinnamon interior but ours came in with the wrong fabric inside. Not extremely pleased with it because all this time we have been thinking it would look a certain way but now something new. The good thing is that we still like the new fabrics but they are a bit darker overall. The wood did come in the right stain. We ordered the 2011 WRLS V-Lite and our dealer told us that the fabric does change from year to year but not usually until around October. Of course we did not have to accept the TT but we did. We still love it. Ok, about getting it home. I have not towed a trailer this size for a long time. I have the F-150 5.4 with the towing package and 3:53 gears. The fresh water tank was full and the bottles were filled but other than that dry weight. We live in West Virginia and somewhat a hilly region. On the way way home (23 miles) I decided to take Rt 50 ( devided 4 lane 65 mph ) over to Rt 31 ( 2 lane very curvy and some big hills ) just to give my truck and chance to prove itself. This trip added about another 10 miles overall to me getting the TT into my driveway. I will have to say that I was very disappointed in the truck performance. It seemed to really struggle on the hills at even the slightest grade. As far as being stable and handling the wind and trucks passing but it did very well. It has been a long time since I have pulled something like this but I feel it is under powered for the job. Our first camping trip is scheduled for July the 7th and it is a trip that will take us right over West Virginia mountains to the Greenbrier valley. Needless to say I am very nervous about my truck and it's abilities and we do not want to overheat our transmission or the motor.

Solution:

Yesterday I found a new (well almost new) toy. I traded my beloved F-150 for a 2009 Dodge Cummins Diesel 2500. Yep I did it. Yes I took a slight hit on my F-150 but an acceptable hit when I consider the piece of mind that comes with this towing monster. I have posted some pictures of the camper and truck. If this will not tow it then I am going for a smaller camper. I have good friends that tow with the Cummins diesels and they say I have no worries what so ever with this setup. I really did not want to have to trade my Ford but I do feel much more confident with this setup. Happy camping everyone.

Pictures on next post, Sorry
Old 06-26-2010, 07:09 AM   #14

Pictures

Here are the pictures. Sorry had to change computers. Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	2743   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	2744   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	2745   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	2746  
Old 06-26-2010, 11:22 AM   #15
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnergm1 View Post
Hello Everyone,

We picked up our camper on Thursday. We ordered the cinnamon interior but ours came in with the wrong fabric inside. Not extremely pleased with it because all this time we have been thinking it would look a certain way but now something new. The good thing is that we still like the new fabrics but they are a bit darker overall. The wood did come in the right stain. We ordered the 2011 WRLS V-Lite and our dealer told us that the fabric does change from year to year but not usually until around October. Of course we did not have to accept the TT but we did. We still love it. Ok, about getting it home. I have not towed a trailer this size for a long time. I have the F-150 5.4 with the towing package and 3:53 gears. The fresh water tank was full and the bottles were filled but other than that dry weight. We live in West Virginia and somewhat a hilly region. On the way way home (23 miles) I decided to take Rt 50 ( devided 4 lane 65 mph ) over to Rt 31 ( 2 lane very curvy and some big hills ) just to give my truck and chance to prove itself. This trip added about another 10 miles overall to me getting the TT into my driveway. I will have to say that I was very disappointed in the truck performance. It seemed to really struggle on the hills at even the slightest grade. As far as being stable and handling the wind and trucks passing but it did very well. It has been a long time since I have pulled something like this but I feel it is under powered for the job. Our first camping trip is scheduled for July the 7th and it is a trip that will take us right over West Virginia mountains to the Greenbrier valley. Needless to say I am very nervous about my truck and it's abilities and we do not want to overheat our transmission or the motor.

Solution:

Yesterday I found a new (well almost new) toy. I traded my beloved F-150 for a 2009 Dodge Cummins Diesel 2500. Yep I did it. Yes I took a slight hit on my F-150 but an acceptable hit when I consider the piece of mind that comes with this towing monster. I have posted some pictures of the camper and truck. If this will not tow it then I am going for a smaller camper. I have good friends that tow with the Cummins diesels and they say I have no worries what so ever with this setup. I really did not want to have to trade my Ford but I do feel much more confident with this setup. Happy camping everyone.

Pictures on next post, Sorry
Interesting,

First congrats on getting the new TT and of course ya gotta love oil burner power.

We picked our new 2011 30WRLS yesterday and it was ordered with Cherry wood and cinnamon and it is the proper colors.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:15 AM   #16
Wanna Be Camper

Hey Gunnergm1,

Did the dealer get your extra batteries installed anywhere in that thing. I was looking in the nose after we got ours home and well there is no way in HE double hockey sticks that a battery will fit in there that I can see especially one of my Trojan T125's and my great bain wave of turning the battery on the tongue, making a tray and putting them side by side ummm ya thats not going to fly either as there is just enough room to have one in the way it is between the nose and the jack.

Inquiring minds need to know the answer...

John & Deb
Old 06-29-2010, 11:25 AM   #17

Yes, the dealer put the two extra batteries inside the front closet (the V section). Each battery has it's own container that is vented thru the bottom of the container and a vent tube out the top. The battery boxes set on the floor of the closet, one on each side of the V. They really don't take up much space at all. I will post some pictures this weekend. I work out of town and will not be home until Friday. Happy Camping!
Old 07-10-2010, 10:26 AM   #18
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnergm1 View Post
Yes, the dealer put the two extra batteries inside the front closet (the V section). Each battery has it's own container that is vented thru the bottom of the container and a vent tube out the top. The battery boxes set on the floor of the closet, one on each side of the V. They really don't take up much space at all. I will post some pictures this weekend. I work out of town and will not be home until Friday. Happy Camping!
Are those extra batteries standard lead acid batteries or Spiral wound ones like the Optima batteries?

John & Deb
Old 07-13-2010, 09:16 AM   #19

The batteries are standard lead deep cycle interstate batteries. Sorry no pictures yet. I will be home this weekend and take some. We just got back from our first trip with our TT. Everything went well. More on our trip later.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #20

We bought our V-Lite from Cheyenne about 2 months ago and love it, No problems to report so far. We have the 30wrlts with the dinnette and love all of the storage inside. Wish it had a little more storage outside. I guess that's why we have a truck, LOL.

Off topic, can someone tell me where the water filter goes? I can't seem to find the canister that the filter goes in.

Good luck and have fun, the TT is the best floor plan we found. No regrets!!

Tags
flagstaff