Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2010, 09:18 PM   #1

Great pictures of v-lite

Hello, if anyone is interested in seeing some really nice detailed pictures of the new v-lites from Flagstaff this dealer really has a great pictures.

Cheyenne Camping Center, the lowest priced gas motorhomes, diesel pushers, fifth wheels, travel trailers, toy haulers and fold down tent camper RVs!

Just go to the travel trailer section, then to Flagstaff, then pick the one you want to see. My wife and I just ordered the 30WRLS

Not from this dealer but they have the best pics by far.

Enjoy
Gunnergm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:37 PM   #2

Hi Gunnergm1. GREAT pics of the 2010 V.30 wrls. My 08 has a few different things, but not much different. One notable improvement for sure is the addition of the window by the bedroom door. That is a much needed improvement! Expecially when dry camping, with no power. Also, the black rubber mouldings around the windows and doors are nice, mine are white and easily mildew. The bathroom setup is different than mine- my toilet and linen/guest closet are in a separate room with a door and the fantastic fan, and the sink is right beside the shower, directly to the right on the rear wall. Also, I think your fresh water holding tank is relocated to the underbelly- where it should be. Mine is under the kitchen sink. Also, I have 2 20 lb LP tanks in the front V compartment- Looks like one 30 lb. is there now. Plus cabinets over the bed, and a hidden sliding closet door! NICE! Good looking rig! Bet you can't wait to get yours! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:12 AM   #3

Randy,
I think it's the 2011 because of the nose. The 2010 does not have the extra nose cone on the top. At least not the earlier 2010's. It could be a late 2010. Ours is coming with porcelain toilet and the have changed the refer brand too. I would prefer to have your bathroom setup as to the this one but they no longer offer that floor plann. There is actually two 30 propane tanks which is nice. I am adding two additional batteries for a total of three. Plus we are having the factoryn the power stabilizers and two more exhaust fans like the one in the bathroom. I thought that would be a good way to pull air in from the windows on those good weather days. The power stabilizers were only a 250.00 dollar addition and the fans about 200 each. We are excited. Only hope I don't have to buy another truck. That's another post of mine. I think I will be ok. I am going to take it really easy. I thought this dealer with the pictures did a really great job on displaying there TT's.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:58 AM   #4

Yeah, I agree those pics are great! And 2 30 propane tanks is wonderful! The heater in these campers are big propane hogs- I can run through a tank on just one COLD holiday weekend trip. Yes, Forest River comes out with the 2011's like in March or April, so it most likely is a '11. Did you get the optional counter top extension? You'll wish you did, if not. There's not a whole lot of counter space in there. I'm going to see if I can get one to match my counter top. Don't let the truck thing get to you. Like I've said before, they are made for a 1500 series truck to pull them- hence the "lite" designation. But the size of ours is a little overwhelming for the softer 1500 tires and suspension to handle. You can correct these things over time, and you should be fine. I use an 18v cordless drill for my stabilizers- I cut the 1/2 inchsquare drive end off of a cheap 6" extension I had, and used a 3/4 socket on the end...and I have a handy power jack tool! I would like one more fantastic fan in the living room area, over the couch bed, the wiring is already there, and I can buy the fan online, and install it myself. The porcelain toilet is a nice feature, as well! What about the sinks? On mine, they are both plastic. Nice rig! Randy
Old 05-14-2010, 08:16 AM   #5

Randy,
Yes we got the counter top extension. That's something my wife wanted. The sinks are still plastic I think. They look like built-ins but I have seen some TT's with nicer sinks. Yes the extra fans will be nice. We will have one in each roof vent. My son is coming in from California and our first outing will be to the Nation Radio Astronomy Observatory in Greenbank WV. We go there every year for a four day event of telescope observing and classes. It's right in the heart of West Virginia's senic highlands. It will most likely be premitive camping. There are very limited hookups and they are reserved for specials needs people. I put in a request for one but no word yet. It's about a five hour trip by car so I am in for a long haul for my first trip. I may try the weekend before ( if my camper arrives in time) to go to Ohio's Wolfe Run park. It's only one hour away and would be a good test ride. I'm a little nervous about a 7 hour haul the first time out. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 05-14-2010, 09:41 AM   #6

We do a lot of dry camping in the winter months here in Florida- we are Civil War reenactors,(Confederate, of course!) I've installed a second battery in the nose of the V in front of the propane tanks, but I can't imagine where you're putting a third battery! Or, why you really think you'll need it. We watch the surround sound HDTV, use the heater, the fridge, and the water heater, as well as the lights, and take showers every evening on Friday and Sat. nites, and then leave around 4pm on Sunday, and have never needed more bat. power than the 2 (yet). I have however plugged the camper's 7 pin into the truck, and cranked up the truck to charge the battery on the camper one time, when I only had the one battery. A lot of people on here get golf cart batteries that are six volt, and then hook them in series to produce 12vdc. There are many systems in the camper that cease to operate properly on low voltage, and the deep cycle RV batteries that they have need to be checked about once every 2 months for the water level-(ask me how I know!) Fortunately, I got it replaced under warranty. Is that area of West Va. very mountainous? If so, your'e really gonna want to change the rear end gearing. Is your truck 4WD? If so, ya gotta change both ends, as well. Mine is 2WD, and I'm gonna find a wrecked Ram in the junkyard, around my year with the gears I need, most 4x4 Rams have 3:92 rears in them already, so it's just a bolt in switch. A word about your "gas mileage", too- BYE! I get 7 to 8 mpg at best in flat Florida at 60/65 mph. I can go 200 miles at the best between fillups. That's with a thirsty Hemi engine-5.7 liters, and mine has the MDS setup, that allows the engine to operate with 4 cylinders deactvated to conserve gas. I do get 20 mpg at best on the highway unloaded, however. Randy
Old 05-14-2010, 11:44 AM   #7

Randy,
there will be times on the trip where I will be in some pretty big hills ( some would call mountains) but it's in and out. I will be going very slowly up the hills and try to maintain best speed for my truck to work. Like I said it will be a good test. I am considering the gear change but I am gong to test it out first. The two extra batteries will be in custom made compartments on the floor of the v. Vented to the outside. It may be overkill so I could always change to just one extra. Thanks. My tuck is a new 2010 F150 4x4 with the towing package and tranny temp gauge. Hey if it's not enough then it's time for a hit on the truck and get a f250 or Dodge Cummins diesel.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:29 AM   #8
Wanna Be Camper

Very Nice slide show, that trailer is exactly the way we ordered ours except we got the atrium slide with the standalone dinette. That is the first we have seen the Cherrywood in one and I am glad we ordered it that way.

Geeze still no call abt our unit being in. But the dealer is very busy so we can only wait and hope for the call for the weekend..

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:41 AM   #9

One week

My dealer just called me and ours is done off the line but they are waiting on small things like bar stools and other small items. Next Tuesday mine will be headed to my dealer and he will check everything and add two more batteries and I will pick it up. Ours has the exact interior as the slide show with the dark wood too. We are excited for our first outing.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:47 AM   #10
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnergm1 View Post
My dealer just called me and ours is done off the line but they are waiting on small things like bar stools and other small items. Next Tuesday mine will be headed to my dealer and he will check everything and add two more batteries and I will pick it up. Ours has the exact interior as the slide show with the dark wood too. We are excited for our first outing.
Congrats on your new TT as well.

Guess it sucks to be us and have all this waiting like expectant parents..

You are getting two extra batteries in that V compartment? I had looked and was wondering if there was even enough room to put one of my Trojan 6V units in there as I want to remove the 12v one and put my pair of year old T125 Trojans in. Guess I will see when we finally get the unit home.

John & Deb
Old 06-17-2010, 05:21 PM   #11
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Good site. Kind of makes you wonder why FR can't do the same thing. It sure would make selecting a new RV a whole lot more positive experience than buying based on floor plan because the dealer doesn't have what you want on his lot.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:19 PM   #12

Hello,

Camper is in and we pick it up Thursday. We are excited. We hope everything works as it is suppose too.. I will post some pictures when it is in my driveway. Steve
Old 06-26-2010, 05:55 AM   #13

Camper is in the drive

Hello Everyone,

We picked up our camper on Thursday. We ordered the cinnamon interior but ours came in with the wrong fabric inside. Not extremely pleased with it because all this time we have been thinking it would look a certain way but now something new. The good thing is that we still like the new fabrics but they are a bit darker overall. The wood did come in the right stain. We ordered the 2011 WRLS V-Lite and our dealer told us that the fabric does change from year to year but not usually until around October. Of course we did not have to accept the TT but we did. We still love it. Ok, about getting it home. I have not towed a trailer this size for a long time. I have the F-150 5.4 with the towing package and 3:53 gears. The fresh water tank was full and the bottles were filled but other than that dry weight. We live in West Virginia and somewhat a hilly region. On the way way home (23 miles) I decided to take Rt 50 ( devided 4 lane 65 mph ) over to Rt 31 ( 2 lane very curvy and some big hills ) just to give my truck and chance to prove itself. This trip added about another 10 miles overall to me getting the TT into my driveway. I will have to say that I was very disappointed in the truck performance. It seemed to really struggle on the hills at even the slightest grade. As far as being stable and handling the wind and trucks passing but it did very well. It has been a long time since I have pulled something like this but I feel it is under powered for the job. Our first camping trip is scheduled for July the 7th and it is a trip that will take us right over West Virginia mountains to the Greenbrier valley. Needless to say I am very nervous about my truck and it's abilities and we do not want to overheat our transmission or the motor.

Solution:

Yesterday I found a new (well almost new) toy. I traded my beloved F-150 for a 2009 Dodge Cummins Diesel 2500. Yep I did it. Yes I took a slight hit on my F-150 but an acceptable hit when I consider the piece of mind that comes with this towing monster. I have posted some pictures of the camper and truck. If this will not tow it then I am going for a smaller camper. I have good friends that tow with the Cummins diesels and they say I have no worries what so ever with this setup. I really did not want to have to trade my Ford but I do feel much more confident with this setup. Happy camping everyone.

Pictures on next post, Sorry
Old 06-26-2010, 06:09 AM   #14

Pictures

Here are the pictures. Sorry had to change computers. Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	2743   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	2744   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	2745   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	2746  
Old 06-26-2010, 10:22 AM   #15
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

We picked up our camper on Thursday. We ordered the cinnamon interior but ours came in with the wrong fabric inside. Not extremely pleased with it because all this time we have been thinking it would look a certain way but now something new. The good thing is that we still like the new fabrics but they are a bit darker overall. The wood did come in the right stain. We ordered the 2011 WRLS V-Lite and our dealer told us that the fabric does change from year to year but not usually until around October. Of course we did not have to accept the TT but we did. We still love it. Ok, about getting it home. I have not towed a trailer this size for a long time. I have the F-150 5.4 with the towing package and 3:53 gears. The fresh water tank was full and the bottles were filled but other than that dry weight. We live in West Virginia and somewhat a hilly region. On the way way home (23 miles) I decided to take Rt 50 ( devided 4 lane 65 mph ) over to Rt 31 ( 2 lane very curvy and some big hills ) just to give my truck and chance to prove itself. This trip added about another 10 miles overall to me getting the TT into my driveway. I will have to say that I was very disappointed in the truck performance. It seemed to really struggle on the hills at even the slightest grade. As far as being stable and handling the wind and trucks passing but it did very well. It has been a long time since I have pulled something like this but I feel it is under powered for the job. Our first camping trip is scheduled for July the 7th and it is a trip that will take us right over West Virginia mountains to the Greenbrier valley. Needless to say I am very nervous about my truck and it's abilities and we do not want to overheat our transmission or the motor.

Solution:

Yesterday I found a new (well almost new) toy. I traded my beloved F-150 for a 2009 Dodge Cummins Diesel 2500. Yep I did it. Yes I took a slight hit on my F-150 but an acceptable hit when I consider the piece of mind that comes with this towing monster. I have posted some pictures of the camper and truck. If this will not tow it then I am going for a smaller camper. I have good friends that tow with the Cummins diesels and they say I have no worries what so ever with this setup. I really did not want to have to trade my Ford but I do feel much more confident with this setup. Happy camping everyone.

Pictures on next post, Sorry
Interesting,

First congrats on getting the new TT and of course ya gotta love oil burner power.

We picked our new 2011 30WRLS yesterday and it was ordered with Cherry wood and cinnamon and it is the proper colors.

John & Deb
Old 06-29-2010, 08:15 AM   #16
Wanna Be Camper

Hey Gunnergm1,

Did the dealer get your extra batteries installed anywhere in that thing. I was looking in the nose after we got ours home and well there is no way in HE double hockey sticks that a battery will fit in there that I can see especially one of my Trojan T125's and my great bain wave of turning the battery on the tongue, making a tray and putting them side by side ummm ya thats not going to fly either as there is just enough room to have one in the way it is between the nose and the jack.

Inquiring minds need to know the answer...

John & Deb
Old 06-29-2010, 10:25 AM   #17

Yes, the dealer put the two extra batteries inside the front closet (the V section). Each battery has it's own container that is vented thru the bottom of the container and a vent tube out the top. The battery boxes set on the floor of the closet, one on each side of the V. They really don't take up much space at all. I will post some pictures this weekend. I work out of town and will not be home until Friday. Happy Camping!
Old 07-10-2010, 09:26 AM   #18
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Yes, the dealer put the two extra batteries inside the front closet (the V section). Each battery has it's own container that is vented thru the bottom of the container and a vent tube out the top. The battery boxes set on the floor of the closet, one on each side of the V. They really don't take up much space at all. I will post some pictures this weekend. I work out of town and will not be home until Friday. Happy Camping!
Are those extra batteries standard lead acid batteries or Spiral wound ones like the Optima batteries?

John & Deb
Old 07-13-2010, 08:16 AM   #19

The batteries are standard lead deep cycle interstate batteries. Sorry no pictures yet. I will be home this weekend and take some. We just got back from our first trip with our TT. Everything went well. More on our trip later.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:37 PM   #20

We bought our V-Lite from Cheyenne about 2 months ago and love it, No problems to report so far. We have the 30wrlts with the dinnette and love all of the storage inside. Wish it had a little more storage outside. I guess that's why we have a truck, LOL.

Off topic, can someone tell me where the water filter goes? I can't seem to find the canister that the filter goes in.

Good luck and have fun, the TT is the best floor plan we found. No regrets!!
Boondoggle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff