Old 06-21-2013, 09:35 PM   #11
We've had a few problems with our '02 Georgetown, and I have registered some complaints on here. Overall, our experience has been satisfactory, but age-related problems are starting to show. The vehicle is 11 years old, and even though it only has 17,000 miles on the clock and 55 hours or so on the generator, it still has problems.

I think the majority of folks who are having zero problems don't bother to post because they don't need any help. We're getting to the point where we might have to sell because we can't afford to run it (or fix things that fail) any more. A fuel usage not much better than 7 mpg makes for expensive trips, and CG fees seem to be much higher than even two years ago. It's hard to find a private CG less that $40 a night, no matter how crummy they are.

We just spent $1800 having the fridge replaced, and we've got some cosmetic body damage after I had an argument with a rock wall at Harris Beach SP in Oregon.

Since DW can't drive this thing, because she can't reach the floor with the non-height-adjustable Flexsteel seats, I'm stuck with all the driving. The front seats are so uncomfortable, I have a hard time doing more than about 125 miles before I get cramp in my right hamstring. The fix is a 15-minute walkabout, then I might be good for another 75 miles or so. I sure wish it had the kind of front seats I encountered when I was a transit coach driver for a couple of years.

They were Recaro seats, cloth upholstery, height, rake, fore and aft and recline adjustment. Add in a steering column with two universal joints and a telescopic section, those vehicles could accommodate anyone from 4' 6" to 7' tall and be comfortable for an 8-hour shift.

It's beginning to look as though we'll be former MH owners before next season. There are so many demands on our resources and time, it's getting difficult to justify the hobby. It might be in the "For Sale" listings in a couple of months.

Frank and Eileen
No longer RVers or FR owners
F and E Damp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #12
We have only slept 6 nights in our new trailer and everything works. Not a single problem (touch wood). The only defect in the entire unit was the separation of the silicone bead in the shower on one side. Removed the old bead and ran a new bead.

Next trip is to Cape Cod in mid July for 8 nights.

2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS Travel Trailer
2012 F150 EcoBoost (HD Payload & Max Tow)
Doering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #13
We love our Flagstaff V lite! I cannot say that I haven't had any problems, but I can say there haven't been any serious problems. I have been able to fix every problem that popped up, thanks to the info on this forum, and my own general handyman skills.(HA HA). I have made several mods to my rig as well, to make camping life just a little bit better. We too are HAPPY CAMPERS!!!! Randy
/SIGPIC]'08 V-lite Flagstaff 30WRLS
'06 Ram 1500 QC hemi Reese dual cam sway control,
K&N series 77 intake, Hellwig helper spgs. LT tires,
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #14
So far so good for me. Have only had mine out for 7 days over 2 weekends so far though. Everything seems to be working properly and I hope and pray it stays that way.
2014 Sunseeker 2860DS
gmacklem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #15
we too, are very happy with our flagstaff, ultra lite, we have only had it since april of this year, but we have already taken it out 4 times. and yes, we might blow a fuse here or there, but overall, very happy.
dbld6210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #16
'13 8526tbws

I'll throw my hat in the ring on this one. I am on my 2nd Forest River RV. Moving to our new fiver was a HUGE upgrade and one that I am happy to pay far.

I grew to dislike my previous Wildwood TT just because it was old and EVERYTHING was manual - Slide, stabilizers, tongue jack, awning (a two-beer setup). The new rig has everything on a switch, now a one-beer setup.

The only problem with my new Flagstaff is that the A/V unit will not read DVDs or CDs. Minor problem that I can deal with as I stream music and if I want to watch a movie I'll stay home.

The thing I love the best is the outdoor kitchen
Hoping you the best on your next trip,

2013 Flagstaff 8526TBWS
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
onavfr800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #17
Happy campers

We too are VERY happy with our Forest River experience. We started with an R-POD 171 and just traded up to a Flagstaff Micro-Lite 21 FBRS once we were sure we KNEW what we wanted in an RV. We will probably do about 80 nights this year, did about 50 last year.
The only design flaw we noted was the absence of good sealing throughout in the bathroom allowing water to leak out of the shower area easily. We caulked the hell out of all spaces and got a weighted shower curtain and fell confident for the results.
We're sold on Forest River, their products, and their customer service.
We enjoyed the one FROG rally we attended and hope to attend more.
We got a great CAMCO cover for when parked in the driveway and a Carefree Vacation'r screened porch. We had to adjust the screen door lock mechanism as it was always flying open. A small adjustment fixed that. We're still working on the over-bed skylight - to insulate it from the early morning sun for when we sleep in.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TT and Porch outside.pdf (283.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: pdf TT and Porch outside 2.pdf (285.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: pdf TT Porch inside.pdf (153.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: pdf LR3 and TT.pdf (373.4 KB, 26 views)

uphillracer is offline   Reply With Quote