Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2015, 09:24 PM   #21

Location: West, Texas (the town, not the western part of the state)
We live in central Texas and love the state parks, there are tons that aren't on the border. Check out east Texas, the Marble Falls, Inks Lakes area, around Austin, Galveston and Jamaica beach, etc. We have about every type of region in just one state ;-)

and Welcome to Texas!
Old 01-14-2015, 09:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by funfinder5 View Post
You can see just about every type of landscape if you travel through Texas long enough. From coasts, to deserts, and all the geography in between. We have pine trees, palm trees, cactus, cedar, and even tumble weeds.

With all there is to see and do here you do not have to go to the border towns to experience what the great state of Texas has to offer.

I will say this. My job takes me to McAllen 2 times a year. I feel A LOT safer in south Texas border towns than I do in south California or Arizona border towns. Shoot I feel safer in McAllen than I do in parts of Houston.

And yes, if you have a class II drug RX (narcotic)... Expect to be questioned by the pharmacist if you are traveling. As a matter of fact class II RX should only be 30 day supply with no refills. So, yes each time you have to see a doctor for a refill. Don't know if that's fedural or just a Texas standard of the pharmacology board. A good pharmacist should question a script from a non-local doctor no matter the class level. At least call the prescribing Dr. office and verify script with the staff.

The problem is they will not fill it unless it is on a special form unique to Texas and only prescribed by a Texas doctor. I asked them to call my doc in MI but the pharmacy insisted this was Texas law and could not fill it. Every other state including FL I have not had a issue.
My point on the comment was to let others know about this. I have chronic pain and would be in trouble with out my meds. It is not reasonable to not fill my meds and in fact dangerous. I'm not a drug abusers and resented being treated as one. I vote with my feet and S Texas will not see anymore of my money.
I'm not trying to slam the Valley or the rest of the Texas border but it is not the same as it was in the 80's when I was there last. I chose to leave as I didn't care for the feel of the area. I'm not saying it's unsafe only for me not a desirable area.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:47 PM   #23

we have traveled to south texas for 3 years , the 1st year was normal temps sunny every day, great last year was cooler & as last, rainy, locals said this happens about every 20 years now this year is starting about the same ,i hope its more back to normal , other vize the people here are freindly & courtious
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:53 PM   #24

I ran into an issue when I was in Connecticut a few years ago trying to get a refill on my pain meds. I was told I had to see a CT doctor for a Rx per there DEA regulations. Cut the trip short and headed back to Tx to see my doc. Two back surgeries later no more pain pills needed thank God.
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:41 PM   #25

Phone your lucky. I've had three and am in constant pain. They made a mess of my neck.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:48 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by funfinder5 View Post
You can see just about every type of landscape if you travel through Texas long enough. From coasts, to deserts, and all the geography in between. We have pine trees, palm trees, cactus, cedar, and even tumble weeds.
Great post on my current adopted home state!
2010 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L | K&N filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
Wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 08:42 PM   #27

It's always great to hear what good folks have to say. Can't wait for the warmer weather and we can start talking camping together.
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote