Old 03-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #1

Help...finding slide fuse

On the road, and apparently the fuse has a blown for the slide on my 28RLSS Flagstaff fiver.

Found a 30 amp in-line fuse near the battery, but it visually appears to be in good shape and it's the only one I can find near the battery.

Any one know where I can find the rascal?

Thanks

Old 03-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #2

the other fuse is most likely located in the circut breaker box for the camper. There'll be a row of spade type fuses off to the side of the circut breakers. There might even be red indicator lights that light up when the fuze beside the light is blown.

2012 Winnebago "Journey To Insanity" 40U
2008 Dakota Sport 4x4
2004 Subaru Baja - DW's
2006 Honda Shadow Aero - TOAD for now.
F.R.O.G. member
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindy View Post
the other fuse is most likely located in the circut breaker box for the camper. There'll be a row of spade type fuses off to the side of the circut breakers. There might even be red indicator lights that light up when the fuze beside the light is blown.
Wish so...but, alas, not so. Thanks though.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #4

Quote:
On the road, and apparently the fuse has a blown for the slide on my 28RLSS Flagstaff fiver.

Found a 30 amp in-line fuse near the battery, but it visually appears to be in good shape and it's the only one I can find near the battery.

Any one know where I can find the rascal?
Have you checked the fuse with an ohm meter or just do a visual check?
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
Have you checked the fuse with an ohm meter or just do a visual check?
No meter on board...

It doesn't look like I can just disconnect it, as it has some type of connectors that I'm a little concerned about breaking the contact in case it's the landing gear fuse.

Any idea how I can safely remove it?

Maybe I'm over thinking it, but want feel OK about it before I pull the connectors off the ends of the fuse. And is it possible that it takes a non-standard 30 amp fuse?

Thought? Thanks.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Follow the positive--------------

Follow the positive cable from the battery, If it is attached to a small gray box (circuit breaker) with a red soft plastic cover. Feel around the gray box, there will be a reset button on the box. Simply push the pin to reset the breaker!!! I have a Rockwood product (5 TH wheel) my circuit breaker (two) are located behind the battery box.
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2017 66 DAYS
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #7

There may also be a fuse next to or adjacent to the slide motor. Mine was double-fused with one on the panel and one at the motor (I don't know why), so I removed the one at the motor.

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4 Quad Cab w/Cummins Turbo Diesel, 2009 Rockwood 2607, and 3 'yaks!
300W of Suntech Solar, a Rogue MPT-3024 Controller, and a Xantrex PW2000 Inverter
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAISY BOYKIN View Post
Follow the positive cable from the battery, If it is attached to a small gray box (circuit breaker) with a red soft plastic cover. Feel around the gray box, there will be a reset button on the box. Simply push the pin to reset the breaker!!! I have a Rockwood product (5 TH wheel) my circuit breaker (two) are located behind the battery box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Instructor View Post
There may also be a fuse next to or adjacent to the slide motor. Mine was double-fused with one on the panel and one at the motor (I don't know why), so I removed the one at the motor.
Daisy...nothing like that found.

Instrustor...nothing min line with battery and nothing own or near the motor.

But...thanks for the relies

I'm hoping someone out there has the same model rig as mine and knows the secret...'cause I damn sure don't.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #9

My camper is different than yours, but my fuse is in my front storage unit behind a false panel on the driver side of the camper. Just giving you ideas of where to look. Good luck.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeCee View Post
No meter on board...

It doesn't look like I can just disconnect it, as it has some type of connectors that I'm a little concerned about breaking the contact in case it's the landing gear fuse.

Any idea how I can safely remove it?

Maybe I'm over thinking it, but want feel OK about it before I pull the connectors off the ends of the fuse. And is it possible that it takes a non-standard 30 amp fuse?

Thought? Thanks.
So...pulled the only fuse in sight near the battery...opened the plastic case it was in, pulled the ends off the fuse (turned out to be no big deal) and took it out, inspected it and tried to run the landing gear...It wouldn't run. So, obviously that fuse was for it. Reinstalled it and the gear runs fine...BUT, I still can find the fuse for my slide!!!