Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2014, 12:20 PM   #1

Exclamation HELP! Our kitchen sink is dripping from underneth?

Have a new 2015 27rlws Flagstaff. I was cleaning after a weekend of use, and when putting away my cleaning bottle under kitchen sink, my hand brushed against dripping water coming from basin of sink. NOT any pipes. I had just put water in left side to mop floor (cold water) so wondering if it is condensation? Who wants dripping water under kitchen sink if that is the problem. This is our first trailer experience with a plastic sink. Others were always porclein or simular. Is anybody else having this problem? Thanks
Sharon.72064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:15 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Probably from the sink drain flange nut or insufficient "putty" in bowl drain.
Look under again there should be a big nut that holds your bowl drain flange in.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Probably from the sink drain flange nut or insufficient "putty" in bowl drain.
Look under again there should be a big nut that holds your bowl drain flange in.

Turbs
A loose drain flange was one of the plumbing problems we had when we first got our trailer this past spring. The majority of problems we had when we first got the TT home were plumbing related. My feeling is it doesn't hurt to take the time and check/tighten every plumbing fitting you can find before use.
keith_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 02:05 PM   #4

I had 1 flange nut just hanging not even on threads. Also there was no sealant under the strainers. Like old fashion plumbers putty or even any silicone. My granddaughter said what stinks and that's how I found it. Dripping water a little at a time but we had a plastic container under it never ever noticed it.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:42 PM   #5

Your warranty will cover it, take it to your dealer. Or just about any competent plumber could fix it. I have a new 21FBRS and had a couple of issues which are now repaired. All makes of TTs/campers have issues right out of the factory. Why, because humans build them....
Toyota Tundra
SparkeyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:15 PM   #6

Get your flashlight and get under there to look around.
You might find something loose.
Or take it to your dealer if you don't have a flashlight.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkeyBob View Post
Your warranty will cover it, take it to your dealer. Or just about any competent plumber could fix it. I have a new 21FBRS and had a couple of issues which are now repaired. All makes of TTs/campers have issues right out of the factory. Why, because humans build them....
You could take it to your dealer, but why? It's a very easy fix, just put some sealant under the strainer and tighten the nut. Much easier then taking it to a dealer or calling a plumber. My wife could even do it and done it. A very simple fix, not worth the gas to take it to a dealer..... I agree with SparkeyBob, little things will show up that are just missed by the factory or the dealership during there pre inspections.

Old 10-29-2014, 04:52 AM   #8

Fix what you can, ask out what you can't and take it to the dealer when it's expensive.
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:58 AM   #9

Not coming from a drain or center of basin. The whole entire bottom basin drips. Day b4 my husband dumped ice from freezer. Surely was not from condensation day b4? Drippings are so like condensation drips. Is this happening to others?
Old 10-29-2014, 12:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon.72064 View Post
Not coming from a drain or center of basin. The whole entire bottom basin drips. Day b4 my husband dumped ice from freezer. Surely was not from condensation day b4? Drippings are so like condensation drips. Is this happening to others?
I have never heard of that. Water travels in funny ways, Do you see putty or sealant under your strainers? I would also check your faucet for the sink. It can not be Condensation. What is the sink made of composite(plastic), stainless steel, or porcelain? Stainless is the only one that could do that but you would have to have a huge difference in temp. between the sink and your cabinet.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:09 PM   #11

Sink made of plastic.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon.72064 View Post
Sink made of plastic.
That will not condensate, start looking for a leak.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:38 PM   #13

Ok thank you
Old 10-29-2014, 01:46 PM   #14

I hate to just leave you with that. Under the sink you have a rubber ring above the big nut. make sure that is tight, they also normally do not put plumbers gray sealant or a silicone sealant under the strainer. I will bet $1.00 to a doughnut it's not there. If not do that first then keep a eye on it or the other is the faucet is leaking. Fill your sinks with water and put some paper towels under it and see if your leaking with water standing in the sink. If the bottom is dipping off the sink bottom my money is on your faucet. If it will hold water with no leaks.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:53 PM   #15

As I said in my previous post I would go through the whole trailer and tighten all of the plumbing fittings that you can find. This would include the ones to the kitchen faucet. If you do not wish to do this then I would take it to the dealer and let them do it. Loose hose clamps and drain fittings are a fairly common problem with new trailers. I would also make sure you don't have a high water pressure problem and would be sure to use a pressure regulator on your city supply line.

When I was sterilizing the water system for the first time I found the drinking water tank hose did not have a hose clamp and 4 or 5 other water connections in that area were not tight. This prompted me to go over every plumbing fitting I could find and access to be sure they were tight. During this check I also found our sink drain and it's pipe connections were not tight. All of these would result in water leaks that might not have shown up for a long time and likely would have cause damage to the trailer.

One other thing you said you were using the sink for mop water. Did you have water on the counter top? If the sink is not caulked well it is possible water from the counter got underneath and ran down the side.
keith_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:07 PM   #16

All these are worth looking into. And I will. Thanx 4 all the suggestions, keep them coming.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:12 PM   #17

If you had a good PDI (pre-delivery inspection), the dealers service tech should have found this. When we picked up our new Rockwood the tech spent three hours with us to make sure we knew how everything worked. I stopped him when he told my wife to jump in the shower and soap up. LOL.
Rockwoodjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:22 PM   #18

Sharon, have you tried filling the sinks with water and looking under there to see if you can tell where it's coming from? Have some towels and a bucket ready.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:38 PM   #19

Did fill with water. No drip or condensation. And....joe wessling, lol!