Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #1
Retired

Hensley Hitch on a V-lite

Will the Hensley Arrow hitch work on a 2009, 30WRLS V-lite. I am concerned that the camper "V" will restrict the movement of the hitch struts. I am currently using the hitch on a 2001 Sunnybrook and love it. I will not pull another camper without it! Hensley people say they can't see any reason why it won't work. Just wondered if anyone else had done it.
RetiredinWv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:21 PM   #2
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
I have neither a Hensley nor a V-lite. However, if you have a particular model and dealer in mind, they might let you hook up and check it out on their lot. With their assistance and supervision, of course. My biggest concern would be any restriction of the angle at which you can back or pull your trailer onto a campsite. Good luck.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:15 PM   #3

We pull our V lite with a hitch and sway bar. I would ask your dealer and then do more reseach on the internet. I know my husband has said it turns sharper or closer or something like that then a regular Trailer. Hubby does the driving i look for the gas stations that have easy bays to pull into. I will ask my husband if he has any more to add to this post.

irv2.com National rally... Dundee, Ohio
June14-20, 2009
toshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:46 PM   #4
Grape Escape

I will gladly buy your Hensely if you decide to sell it.
Thanks
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:26 AM   #5

Talking equalizer hitch the number one

We use the equalizer hitch I've heard that it's the best. we pulled our 2009 v-lite to tunica no swaying at all. From alabama. If anyone is purchasing a hitch all the dealers recommend this brand. Hitch has the sway bar very nessary. follows great too. You want to fill confortable and relaxed if your going to be traveling short or long distances with these long trailers it is great. I'm new to the forum we have just purchase our first travel trailer. We were tent campers for yrs. when the children were young. now it time to retire and get out of town ha.
gotya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:30 PM   #6

Which V lite did you buy??

. Our trip to the wholesaler and back is on my blog..

http://www.nattynaylor.blogspot.com/

irv2.com National rally... Dundee, Ohio
June14-20, 2009
toshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 06:22 PM   #7
Retired

Thanks to all of you for your contribution to this thread. You have been quite helpful. Because of you all, and additional research, I have ordered a 2009 Model 30WRLS V-lite. It should be here next month. From everything that I can determine the Hensley hitch will work on it. Let me put it this way, I'm gonna make it work cause I don't intend to tow another camper without the Hensley.

Thanks again, Tom
Old 09-09-2008, 12:11 PM   #8

My opinion, the V-lite turns considerably sharper than a standard travel trailer would. I personally use the Reese Dual Cam set up, but I see no reason why the Hensley wouldn't work just as well. I do know that I have to remove my cam bars in order to turn my rig to back it in my driveway, or a camping site. A minor inconvenience. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:31 PM   #9
Retired

Hensley on a V-Lite

I picked up my new V-Lite last week. The workers at the Camping Dealer where I purchased the unit had never seen a Hensley before. The service manager, after measuring both units and carefully calculating everything pronounced that it would not work. I told him, "Let me give you some incentive. If this new unit goes home with me it will be wearing the Hensley". Needless to say "WE" put the Hensley on the V-lite and it works great. It does turn a little sharper than with other hitches but once you learn to compensate for that it is not a problem. Actually I find that it is easer for me to back into a tight camping spot than with other hitches. Thanks again for all the help.

Later, Tom

Tags
flagstaff