Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2015, 11:14 AM   #1

high use experience 831 fk 2011, statement

Bought this trailer new in may 2012. The trailer now has about 24,000 miles and lived in for 11 months. It has traveled 3000 miles on Mexican highways. I pull it with F250 SD 7.3 with a tension chain load level device from Idaho.
The local dealer was good to make all warranty repairs, and the factory stood by the trailer, even though it was bought in another state.

Trailer tows true up to 65 mph, when i start to get a little whip. Wind is no more problem than others, and passing trucks have some affect, but less with the hitch. This trailer is a long bumper pull at about 34' long. There is considerable tail bounce on humpy roads in Mexico, but no ill effects so far.
I can say that everything on the trailer still works as it should, and i will list the repairs and improvements/additions at the end. We enjoy the trailer, and find no shortcomings as i have it rigged. It endures rough travel, varied voltage, hot weather, and it performs when we arrive. We load it to 6400# axle weight,and tongue weight of about 1400#. a full load.
Improvements: 2 gal water accumulator, book/media unit, fold-up computer desk, drink shelves, added kit. drawer & made all deeper, changed swing on kit cab door for better access. Added shelves in bath cabinets, Built bedside table/shelf, 3 shelf shoe rack under back window, changed hanging rail to perforated type, put coat hangers around. All total less than 100#.
[B]Challenges: Fabricated tension devices to hold the slides from moving during travel, as the seals were being damaged. Foamed all frame perforations to prevent varmint intrusion, as we got mice. It worked. Changed to load range E tires. Replaced front 2x2 frame cross member that broke away and fell off on I5. Warranty work included sound system, water leak, valve, floor squeak, and power tongue jack, fresh water indicator. All fixed, but indicator still wrong. live with it!
Good traveling. and Mexico IS safe and good. The Europeans are stealing OUR playground. More Germans, french and Eng than Americans. See Ya.
earlinoregon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags