Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2010, 10:37 AM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to mhbell
Unhappy How do I remove Venturer TV?

I have a Flagstaff 8528 RLWS 5th wheel which has the suround sound and entertainment center with Venturer TV and ZX600 player. I can't figure how to remove the TV from the wall mount. also is there a fuse for the ZX600 as it won't turn on. Any help appreciated.
Mel
mhbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:13 AM   #2

Usually the TV's are removed simply by lifting straight up - might just be a tight fit. Some have a removable wood strip along the top that must be taken off first. The one in our 8315BSS has a small "lever" near the bottom of the TV on the rear, that must be pulled towards you (to unlatch) while lifting up. Good Luck.

...VTX-AL
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:47 PM   #3

I looked for a lever but could find none I can't get my hand behind it as it is a tight fit. will try to lift it straight up again. I may post some pictures as it does not stick out very far so that the slide can be retracted. Iwould think that there is a lever or some type of catch to keep it from coming loose while in transit.
Mel
Old 12-04-2010, 06:24 AM   #4

There are so many different TV mounts that it is hard to say. Pictures would be a big help. Behind the TV if you can.
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhbell View Post
I looked for a lever but could find none I can't get my hand behind it as it is a tight fit. will try to lift it straight up again. I may post some pictures as it does not stick out very far so that the slide can be retracted. Iwould think that there is a lever or some type of catch to keep it from coming loose while in transit.
Mel
On our set-up the latch lever is not visible - you must feel for it behind the TV and quite close to the bottom. The actual TV wall-mount is T-shaped with a slot on either side at the top, and has a latch slot near the bottom of the center leg. The part that is attached to the TV has ears that slide into the wall-mount slots and the latching lever near the bottom. Trailer is at a remote site for winter storage, so am unable to include photos.

...VTX-AL
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:50 PM   #6

Here is a link to a picture of my entertainment center showing the whole works. as you can see from the picture things are tight because the slide has to come in over the entertainment center. I looked under the bottom of the TV and could not see a lever at all. no way I can take a picture of the back. The TV sets in a recessed area. I do not want to put to much pressure trying to lift it for fear of breaking something if there is a lever. In the picture the slide is on the left and covers the whole entertainment center when retracted. See link below for picture.
Mel
Picasa Web Albums - M H Bell - Flagstaff 5th...
Old 12-04-2010, 09:36 PM   #7

mhbell,

My tv has a cable attached to the back of it that screws into the wall at the bottom of the tv. This cable keeps the tv from moving up and coming off of the mounting bracket. Perhaps you have the same setup. Remove the screw and raise the tv off the mounting bracket and then pull towards you. Make sure you have a good grip on it.

2010 Rockwood Windjammer 2609W
Reese dual cam sway control
2002 Chevy Express 1500 LT
Family of 4 and WeBJammin'
WeBJammin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:00 PM   #8

Problem solved. The TV slides into a V that has a Groove on both sides of the V and there is no cable or Lever to lock it in. It is a tight fit and you have to lift it straight up and pull towards you. It takes a pretty good tug to break it loose. I don't think that it could jump out of the grooves. Even on the roughest of roads. Thanks everyone for your help.
Mel
Old 12-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #9

Glad you got the TV removed ok.
As for the Concertone P.O.S. 600,
You have to remove the face frame and there are usually 4 screws holding it to the cabinet.
There is an 'in-line' fuse there.
That may or may not be the problem.
It's a real ratts nest of wires there, just hunt around....you'll find it.
Some folks have had success disconnecting it for 15 min or so and it it coming back from the dead.
These units are know for their pre-mature deaths.
There is a fella on this forum now (in the concertone section) who might be able to help you with your problems.
Good luck.
Bill

"I've got a mind like a steele.. a......a steele......um.....uh...... what's that thing called again?
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivecodys View Post
Glad you got the TV removed ok.
As for the Concertone P.O.S. 600,
You have to remove the face frame and there are usually 4 screws holding it to the cabinet.
There is an 'in-line' fuse there.
That may or may not be the problem.
It's a real ratts nest of wires there, just hunt around....you'll find it.
Some folks have had success disconnecting it for 15 min or so and it it coming back from the dead.
These units are know for their pre-mature deaths.
There is a fella on this forum now (in the concertone section) who might be able to help you with your problems.
Good luck.
Bill
Thanks Bill for the heads up. I removed the bezel and took out the Concertone. Removed power from it for 10 minutes. plugged it back in and put it back in cabinet. it is working now. Go figure.
Mel
Old 12-10-2010, 03:30 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhbell View Post
Thanks Bill for the heads up. I removed the bezel and took out the Concertone. Removed power from it for 10 minutes. plugged it back in and put it back in cabinet. it is working now. Go figure.
Mel
That's Great Mel.
Glad it was an easy fiix for you.
Happy Camping.

Bill

"I've got a mind like a steele.. a......a steele......um.....uh...... what's that thing called again?
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:59 AM   #12
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Me glad too! :-)
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff, Television