Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2017, 07:57 PM   #1

How to create storage in 21FBRS micro lite

I want to hang baskets in my bathroom for towel storage. What is best to attach things to walls?

Thank you!
Vpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:31 PM   #2

storage baskets

If it were me I would not try to hang anything like a basket on these thin walls as they might crack or pull loose leaving holes that will be hard to repair. Try to purchase a small dresser or nightstand like the ones they sell in do-it-youself stores from Sauder Furniture. Good luck!
navygrandparents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by navygrandparents View Post
If it were me I would not try to hang anything like a basket on these thin walls as they might crack or pull loose leaving holes that will be hard to repair. Try to purchase a small dresser or nightstand like the ones they sell in do-it-youself stores from Sauder Furniture. Good luck!

Thank you for your response! I will keep looking for something that will work
Old 06-30-2017, 01:14 PM   #4

The disadvantages of micro lite trailers.

We only hang things with 3M Command products. We wanted storage in the back wardrobe so we bought a small, light, plastic shelf and put it in for clothes and such.
Naturelover.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:30 PM   #5

Thank you. I got an over the door towel rack and it works nicely
Old 07-14-2017, 03:40 AM   #6

the 21FBRS is basically the same as the Rockwood 2109S which we have. As mentioned the 3M Command hooks work well. We have over the door racks on both sides of the bathroom door. Inside is a broom clip, more towel hooks and such.

We converted our pantry into storage with shelves and baskets. I believe that was possibly the best for our needs. Its great as we can adjust the shelf height if needed and the baskets keep everything secure.

If you really want to secure things to the walls, you can possibly find wall studs. As the exterior is not wood studded it can be challenging to get screws to bite. Self tapping sheet metal screws sometimes work well but don't over torque them.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:47 AM   #7
Kasual Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendofacatahoula View Post

If you really want to secure things to the walls, you can possibly find wall studs. As the exterior is not wood studded it can be challenging to get screws to bite. Self tapping sheet metal screws sometimes work well but don't over torque them.
You can use toggle bolts on the inside walls also, but will require drilling a larger hole.
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:50 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayArras View Post
You can use toggle bolts on the inside walls also, but will require drilling a larger hole.

Yes I have used those and there are several alternatives to a standard "toggle" that work well but basically end up with a similar result.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:43 PM   #9

Put felt bumpers on the back of the over the door rack to keep from scratching your door. Put a strip of rubber on the top of the door to keep the rack from sliding.
Old 07-15-2017, 06:26 AM   #10
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Buzzard View Post
Put felt bumpers on the back of the over the door rack to keep from scratching your door. Put a strip of rubber on the top of the door to keep the rack from sliding.
I also put a towel rack on the back of our sliding door between the bedroom and the bath. If your floorplan has one of those, it works great. Otherwise the back of the main hall door might also work.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...wjwaAtzY8P8HAQ

or

On the glass shower enclosure

https://www.walmart.com/ip/InterDesi...&wl13=&veh=sem
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:53 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendofacatahoula View Post
the 21FBRS is basically the same as the Rockwood 2109S which we have. As mentioned the 3M Command hooks work well. We have over the door racks on both sides of the bathroom door. Inside is a broom clip, more towel hooks and such.

We converted our pantry into storage with shelves and baskets. I believe that was possibly the best for our needs. Its great as we can adjust the shelf height if needed and the baskets keep everything secure.

Thank you for your response. I think I will try the command hooks as well. We really love our microlite!

Tags
lite, storage