Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2017, 07:57 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Vpierce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 116
How to create storage in 21FBRS micro lite

I want to hang baskets in my bathroom for towel storage. What is best to attach things to walls?

Thank you!
__________________

Vpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:31 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 80
storage baskets

If it were me I would not try to hang anything like a basket on these thin walls as they might crack or pull loose leaving holes that will be hard to repair. Try to purchase a small dresser or nightstand like the ones they sell in do-it-youself stores from Sauder Furniture. Good luck!
__________________

navygrandparents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:31 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Vpierce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by navygrandparents View Post
If it were me I would not try to hang anything like a basket on these thin walls as they might crack or pull loose leaving holes that will be hard to repair. Try to purchase a small dresser or nightstand like the ones they sell in do-it-youself stores from Sauder Furniture. Good luck!


Thank you for your response! I will keep looking for something that will work
Vpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:14 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 4
The disadvantages of micro lite trailers.

We only hang things with 3M Command products. We wanted storage in the back wardrobe so we bought a small, light, plastic shelf and put it in for clothes and such.
Naturelover.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:30 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Vpierce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 116
Thank you. I got an over the door towel rack and it works nicely
Vpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:40 AM   #6
Member
 
friendofacatahoula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Alberta
Posts: 87
the 21FBRS is basically the same as the Rockwood 2109S which we have. As mentioned the 3M Command hooks work well. We have over the door racks on both sides of the bathroom door. Inside is a broom clip, more towel hooks and such.

We converted our pantry into storage with shelves and baskets. I believe that was possibly the best for our needs. Its great as we can adjust the shelf height if needed and the baskets keep everything secure.

If you really want to secure things to the walls, you can possibly find wall studs. As the exterior is not wood studded it can be challenging to get screws to bite. Self tapping sheet metal screws sometimes work well but don't over torque them.
__________________
2015 MiniLite 2109S
2016 Ram 3500 6.7
friendofacatahoula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:47 AM   #7
Kasual Kamper
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Fairfield County CT
Posts: 1,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by friendofacatahoula View Post

If you really want to secure things to the walls, you can possibly find wall studs. As the exterior is not wood studded it can be challenging to get screws to bite. Self tapping sheet metal screws sometimes work well but don't over torque them.
You can use toggle bolts on the inside walls also, but will require drilling a larger hole.
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:50 AM   #8
Member
 
friendofacatahoula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Alberta
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayArras View Post
You can use toggle bolts on the inside walls also, but will require drilling a larger hole.


Yes I have used those and there are several alternatives to a standard "toggle" that work well but basically end up with a similar result.
__________________
2015 MiniLite 2109S
2016 Ram 3500 6.7
friendofacatahoula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:43 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Santa Fe, Tx
Posts: 228
Put felt bumpers on the back of the over the door rack to keep from scratching your door. Put a strip of rubber on the top of the door to keep the rack from sliding.
__________________
2012 F250 6.2 gasser 373 rear
2013 Rockwood 2104S Mini Lite
Ole Buzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 06:26 AM   #10
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 22,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Buzzard View Post
Put felt bumpers on the back of the over the door rack to keep from scratching your door. Put a strip of rubber on the top of the door to keep the rack from sliding.
I also put a towel rack on the back of our sliding door between the bedroom and the bath. If your floorplan has one of those, it works great. Otherwise the back of the main hall door might also work.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...wjwaAtzY8P8HAQ

or

On the glass shower enclosure

https://www.walmart.com/ip/InterDesi...&wl13=&veh=sem
__________________
Lou, Laura, & Freya the wonder dog
2008 GMC Sierra 3000HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2019 Flagstaff 8529FLS - Pullrite 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:53 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Vpierce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by friendofacatahoula View Post
the 21FBRS is basically the same as the Rockwood 2109S which we have. As mentioned the 3M Command hooks work well. We have over the door racks on both sides of the bathroom door. Inside is a broom clip, more towel hooks and such.



We converted our pantry into storage with shelves and baskets. I believe that was possibly the best for our needs. Its great as we can adjust the shelf height if needed and the baskets keep everything secure.



If you really want to secure things to the walls, you can possibly find wall studs. As the exterior is not wood studded it can be challenging to get screws to bite. Self tapping sheet metal screws sometimes work well but don't over torque them.


Thank you for your response. I think I will try the command hooks as well. We really love our microlite!
__________________

Vpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lite, storage

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 PM.


×