Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2013, 01:38 PM   #1

How to price a used RV

Hi Folks,
I am at the NADA web site, trying to figure out a fair price to ask for my 2002 Flagstaff Superlight 26DS. When I get to the part that says "options", I see this notice:
" Only select options below that are in addition to standard equipment and equipment noted in the manufacturer or year notes show above. If you are uncertain of what came standard, please contact your manufacturer with your VIN. "

Is there simple, on-line some way I can find out what came standard on this trailer without having to contact the manufacturer? Or does the manufacturer maintain a website with this info? Since I bought it used, I have no idea what came on it standard from the factory.
Thanks for any tips!
Bill
BillyBob58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:02 PM   #2

As a seller, you could google your trailer model and the words 'for sale' and see what comes upmake your own comparison for what yours has or doesnt & condition. Also check Craigslist. A Fair price is one where I feel happy letting it go. If you ask too high, you can always reduce it.

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
Site Team

most of the time, you DON'T add value for most options, because they aren't truly "options".
adding value for a oven or awning, for example, is wrong because nearly all RV's come with them. the manufacturer may list them as "options", but they really aren't. you'd have to specifically request that it not be added at the factory, for the build.

only items like aluminum wheels or a larger/extra a/c, could be an added value.

most are advised to simply not add any value for options and just go straight to the basic value of the RV.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #4

OK, thanks guys! I did see an option at NADA site for "Next: Standard Equipment", but oddly that comes after you have added your options! But thanks for all the tips!
BillyBob58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
OK, thanks guys! I did see an option at NADA site for "Next: Standard Equipment", but oddly that comes after you have added your options! But thanks for all the tips!
Have been on that site and normally the "Options" are for features you are certain were special to that RV, otherwise don't take them and you won't be disappointed when the buyer doesn't allow for any either.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #6

In my experience (6 TTs and 2 (MHs), the NADA site has very little utility for pricing RVs. I’m not sure about this, but it appears that they use a straight line depreciation method that doesn’t consider the influence of the market. Additionally, options don’t matter. Consider them as consumable items bought for your convenience and enjoyment. They will add virtually nothing to the value of your RV. The best way to put a value on your RV is to do a little market research. Throw out the highs and lows and settle somewhere in the middle.
00buck is offline   Reply With Quote