Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2015, 03:22 PM   #21
Site Team

I believe that some broad statements are getting made. As far as Suburban, they make several models of water heaters. They also make models that do have an inside switch for the electric heating element. It utilizes a 12 volt switch and relay to turn on the heating element.

Just ask Turbs, his RV came from Forest River with a factory installed Suburban water heater with an inside switch on his panel for the DSI and another one for the electric heating element.

I'm sure there are reasons that FR Inc uses the differing models of Suburbans on different RV's as well as Atwoods, and Girard. It may be a division by division choice.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:33 PM   #22
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I believe that some broad statements are getting made. As far as Suburban, they make several models of water heaters. They also make models that do have an inside switch for the electric heating element. It utilizes a 12 volt switch and relay to turn on the heating element.

Just ask Turbs, his RV came from Forest River with a factory installed Suburban water heater with an inside switch on his panel for the DSI and another one for the electric heating element.

I'm sure there are reasons that FR Inc uses the differing models of Suburbans on different RV's. It may be a division by division choice.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1436214803053.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	267.1 KB
ID:	82207
This is true!

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "11 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:52 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Attachment 82207
This is true!

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "11 nights"
Thanks for the pic, Ron.

The manual for this type of Suburban can be found in our library here:

Forest River Forums - Downloads - Suburban SW6DEL, SW10DEL, SW12DEL, SW16DEL install

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, heater, water, water heater