Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2017, 10:00 PM   #1

Inside Storage For My Trailer

After reading some of the posts regarding winterizing and weather element issues, I feel really blessed to be able to keep my new Flagstaff inside while not in use! We just picked up a satellite Tailgater w/Dish to have with us on our next trip out. We have Dish Network in our home and this makes it virtually cost free to just carry one of our receivers from the house when we leave. We also bought the tripod mount to insure that we have the best chance to attain a clear sky view. I wanted to mount it permanently, but I know we will be in the trees at times. We also picked up the solar charging system that was designed for our trailer and pre-wired. Beginning to become comfortable with the whole package. Probably the best accessory so far, is the Dyson that my sister gave us for Christmas. The next stall in my shop houses their bus. They just sold their 2012 Marathon and are having the new one built in California as we speak. The delivery date is set for late April. I'll add some pics when they are both parked inside together.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2435.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	127794  

Home Base - Celina, TX
Macdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:20 PM   #2

Hi,

Guessing you do not have the Dish Hopper system at home? Getting ready to switch to Dish at home and their techs said that the Hopper setup needed to use the Joey for additional TVs. I was hoping to have one of the bedroom TVs linked to a Wally so that I could use it in my 832IKBS with a Tailgater. Tech claimed that the Hopper & Wally were not compatible in home setup. In short, I would need to buy a Wally for the Flagstaff and pay an extra $7.00 each month when in use. Does this sound correct?
MHBroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 04:58 PM   #3

MHBroker. Dish told you correct. I have the hopper & Joey's in my home but I'm getting a VIP 211z receiver to go in our new Flagstaff 832IKBS along with the pathway x2 satellite.
festiveford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:08 PM   #4

Not being full-time I use my rig to get away from all that stuff
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macdonald View Post
After reading some of the posts regarding winterizing and weather element issues, I feel really blessed to be able to keep my new Flagstaff inside while not in use! We just picked up a satellite Tailgater w/Dish to have with us on our next trip out. We have Dish Network in our home and this makes it virtually cost free to just carry one of our receivers from the house when we leave. We also bought the tripod mount to insure that we have the best chance to attain a clear sky view. I wanted to mount it permanently, but I know we will be in the trees at times. We also picked up the solar charging system that was designed for our trailer and pre-wired. Beginning to become comfortable with the whole package. Probably the best accessory so far, is the Dyson that my sister gave us for Christmas. The next stall in my shop houses their bus. They just sold their 2012 Marathon and are having the new one built in California as we speak. The delivery date is set for late April. I'll add some pics when they are both parked inside together.

Goodness I love the front of those trailers I would almost buy one because of.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:26 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
Goodness I love the front of those trailers I would almost buy one because of.
x2
Looks really sharp!!

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:47 PM   #7

They look sharp but I'd be worried as it gets older if it could start leaking. With Truck Campers, builders have gotten away from front windows because of that issuer.

Yes. it is nice to have personal inside storage. I keep my outfit outside in the summer but in my barn in the winter
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage, trailer