Old 06-20-2017, 11:44 PM   #1

Intex air bed on fold out sofa

On our 2015 unit, purchased in April 2014, we have used the air mattress supplied with the sofa bed only about 4 times. This year, due to a family illness, we have given up the main bedroom and we are sleeping on the Intex air bed for the rest of the year. On our first time out it seemed to be ok, but partially deflated on nights two and three, with a refill on the third night at 4am, followed by a deflate by 7am.

I sure would like to purchase something else, or it will be a very long summer. One problem is the bed and mattress needs to be 58" x 72" (short queen). Does anyone know who might make an air bed in this size. Even Intex doesn't seem to list them in their on line catalogue, but I haven't phoned the yet. I would probably prefer one with a separate pump, as I suspect that is the culprit in my unit.

Equalizer 1200 4 pt. Tekonsha controller
Devilscreekw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:09 AM   #2

I reinflated the offending mattress and found it was 60 x 78, so probably easier to find.

Old 06-21-2017, 01:28 PM   #3
Pickin', Campin', Mason

I've read where folks have been buying/using air mattresses from Wally World on the fold out sofas. Maybe your new measurements are close to something there.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '16=46 '17=30 '18=51 '19=50
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:13 PM   #4
WFD

60x78 is between a queen and a queen short, they are not hard to find. Walmart carries different kinds of the Intek...be aware though that they have 1 which is 22 in high...too high to put on the fold out sofa...they also carry a 13 inch high one, but it also is very high once inflated and on the sofa. you may be better off with the 22 inch one and just putting it on the floor.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:38 PM   #5

I have been sleeping on an air mattress for years due to my med situation. Have found that getting a mattress which is double height (18 or 20" thickness) and has built in air pump with controller on an umbilical cord has been the best.
Often have to reflate due to temperatures in the house, not uncommon.
Also, add a bed heat pad under the sheet to keep the mattress from sucking out the body temp at night.

I do realize the double height will most likely be too high if installed on current bad platform, but you can use these on the floor and still sit on the edge. Mine is installed on a normal bed frame with a plywood base on the bedrails.

In our original camper (converted trailer), we simply put the mattress on the flooring. Good luck, you can find these at Walmart, Job Lot or many on-line sources.
extxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 03:04 PM   #6
Utah Kid

Air mattress

We have used air dream replacement mattress with very good results.order from amazon.You may have to order pump
Roncross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 03:25 PM   #7

Thanks all....We are heading out again on Monday and were a bit desperate, so we bought a regular Coleman queen 8" with no attached pump, and are putting a 2" memory foam topper on it. I just set it up to try it, and it sure seems like we made the right choice (as long as it stays up). I am still working on the 10" gap between the end of the sofa bed and the wall, but I think I have a solution for that as well.

Tags
bed