Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2013, 08:09 AM   #1

Issues with new Flagstaff 831FLSS Diamond Package

Hello to all. My wife and I purchased a new unit on August 3rd. We previously had a Sunnybrook Travel Trailer for several years. We traded that in on a new 35 foot Winnebago Class A that we owned for about 5 years. My wife had a new job and we just did not get out much due to her hours. We are now getting close to retirement and decided to get another RV and liked several of the Flagstaff layouts.

Unfortunately we have only had the trailer in our possession for a total of 4 days since signing on the dotted line. It has been in the dealer's service department The rest of the time. Last week we were told the last two parts would be received yesterday or today and we could pick it up this Saturday. We had not heard from them today and called them. Now we are being told that Forest River did not send them the parts and it will likely be 4 weeks or longer before the parts are shipped. These last two items are a replacement power tongue jack and a new shower door for the bathroom. The shower door was a know defective item when we placed a deposit on this unit. We were promised that it would be repaired or replaced before delivery of the unit. When we went to sign the paperwork it still was not repaired or replaced. We were having the unit towed from Indiana to our hitch shop in Ohio. They had the unit another three days before they delivered it with the expectation that this would allow them time to drive up to get the part and install before delivery. Well when I got the unit to our storage lot we discovered that they had not repaired or replaced it even though we were told by multiple people that it had been done. At this point we don't know if the issue is with Forest River or with the dealer. The only think we know is that we paid our money and likely will not be able to use it again before the cold weather sets in.

We ARE NOT happy campers!
jafud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:23 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafud1 View Post
Hello to all. My wife and I purchased a new unit on August 3rd. We previously had a Sunnybrook Travel Trailer for several years. We traded that in on a new 35 foot Winnebago Class A that we owned for about 5 years. My wife had a new job and we just did not get out much due to her hours. We are now getting close to retirement and decided to get another RV and liked several of the Flagstaff layouts.

Unfortunately we have only had the trailer in our possession for a total of 4 days since signing on the dotted line. It has been in the dealer's service department The rest of the time. Last week we were told the last two parts would be received yesterday or today and we could pick it up this Saturday. We had not heard from them today and called them. Now we are being told that Forest River did not send them the parts and it will likely be 4 weeks or longer before the parts are shipped. These last two items are a replacement power tongue jack and a new shower door for the bathroom. The shower door was a know defective item when we placed a deposit on this unit. We were promised that it would be repaired or replaced before delivery of the unit. When we went to sign the paperwork it still was not repaired or replaced. We were having the unit towed from Indiana to our hitch shop in Ohio. They had the unit another three days before they delivered it with the expectation that this would allow them time to drive up to get the part and install before delivery. Well when I got the unit to our storage lot we discovered that they had not repaired or replaced it even though we were told by multiple people that it had been done. At this point we don't know if the issue is with Forest River or with the dealer. The only think we know is that we paid our money and likely will not be able to use it again before the cold weather sets in.

We ARE NOT happy campers!
If all of your (Face to Face) promises were made by the (Dealer) that is your (Go to Guy)! The dealers like to (Hide behind)F/R,very Lame excuse! You are in Springboro,call F/R and see if they will let you use (Flagstaff dealer recommended by F/R)? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #3

PS I have a New hand jack for your unit that you can use N/C.That should get you Camping right NOW. The shower Door can be (Rigged) until a replacement is supplied! Camp ON! Just drive on over and pick up the Jack! Youroo!!
Old 08-29-2013, 08:59 AM   #4

Hi youroo, Thanks for the reply and your kind offer. I have the manual crank to work the jack. Getting older and have repetitive motion issues with both arms so try to go the power route. The shower door appears to not be square on the bottom. The non-hinge side is lower and hits the bottom of the frame. We put towels on the floor to catch the water. We purchased our Winnebago from this dealer and had mostly very good relations with them. Had to buy this unit in Indiana from same dealer. Our experiences with Sunnybrook and Winebago were very good and just very disappointed with current issues. There were other service items that they tell us have been repaired but we have not been back to dealer yet.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:19 AM   #5

Call this #(937-839-4555) D&D West Alex.OHIO They are a F/R Dealer who I have had (Warr.Repair) work performed. I just called them,they said to give them a call if you want them to do the Warr.work. Youroo!!
Old 08-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #6

My wife got in contact with the operations director for the dealer this morning. He committed to changing out the power jack with one they had until the warranty replacement comes in. They are also going to do something with the existing door to make it usable until the replacement comes in. Still told that there are issues with getting parts from Forest River. Hopefully we will be able to pick up the trailer Saturday morning.

Tags
flagstaff