Old 11-19-2007, 10:40 AM   #11

aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:09 PM   #12
Congrats on the new camper and hope that you get many years of enjoyment out of it.

2012 WPT30WR Work and Play Toy Hauler
2002 Chevy Silverado 2500 EC LS 6.6 Litre Duramax/Allison 4x4
viper48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:19 PM   #13
Originally Posted by kristler View Post
Thanks all. I found the forum a few weeks ago (right after we ordered our trailer), but now I feel as if we we "belong" :-)

Anyway, I have already got lots of good info here (as well as the forums), so thanks to everyone for posting. All in all the trailer is great. Only 1 real problem so far, our converter is dead. I guess we have been running off the battery since we picked her up Saturday, but didn't know it. Well today my parents came over to see it, and there was no DC power. I checked it out, and power is getting to the converter (120 volts), but nothing is coming out. Also the polarity fuses were blown, but the polarity from the battery looks okay (though I will confirm as soon as I get some sort of charge back on the battery). It doesn't matter at this point, because, the converter itself is dead. I followed the trouble shooting guide from the manufacture, and came up with replace converter. Anyway my wife is going to call the dealer tomorrow (local) and either get them to bring over a new converter, or swap us one (since the slide is out, etc and I don't really want to close up, hitch up, etc to take it in). Oh well, long story, but like I said this is the only problem we have found, and everything else is so nice!

Thanks again,

Hey Bill do not feel bad! I just purchased a brand new 831KRSS and my converter also went out! But it does not stop there. When the dealer installed the new one the factory sent them wrong wire settings. So when I would plug into any type of house AC outlet it would pop the fuse! Need less to say went back to the dealer and they knew what it was right away. Just sucks that I had to make several trips to the dealer. And do not get me started on the great sound system that our camper came with. I am on my third one right now. I saw were another member was on ther 9th. Hopefully I do not beat there record!!! But other than that I love my camper! I think that its one of the best floor plans out there! Flagstaff could of did better when it came to the electronics componets of the camper!!! Ending on a good note I have a outstanding dealership that I got my camper from and they repair my camper right when I pull up and they have been replacing several converters!
nnike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:12 PM   #14
Very nice new delivery. Best of camping!

2008 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Double Cab SR5
2009 Salem LE 26TBSS
Reese Strait-Line with Dual Cam HP

Days Camping 2008 = 12
gaspasser36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:26 AM   #15
Congratulations on your new Flagstaff! Your unit looks great. Don't feel bad about the converter- Mine had a bad concertone the first day I got mine home! Tey replaced it and so far... It's OK. I would sure tell THEM to come out to YOU to replace that converter! Their pre delivery inspectors are not too bright....or so it seems!
/SIGPIC]'08 V-lite Flagstaff 30WRLS
'06 Ram 1500 QC hemi Reese dual cam sway control,
K&N series 77 intake, Hellwig helper spgs. LT tires,
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:51 PM   #16
Cyber Phrenologist
I'm officially jealous until mid-July when we pick up the Rockwood 5th wheel.

Enjoy the trailer, I see it's a bunk house so I bet the kids are ready to go!

Admin at, part of the Social Knowledge network.
"RVing and Amateur Radio served up on the same plate"
2008 (or is it 2009?) Rockwood 8280SS - 2007 F-150
Lot's of mostly Kenwood radios

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote