Old 10-13-2015, 02:43 PM   #1
J Wrap Replacement Procedure

Recently coming home from a 4 day trip a truck lost a tire and a piece of it came up and hit the J Wrap on the dinette slide then took out the motor for the electric stabilizers. Trailer is a 2015 Flagstaff Ultra Lite 27 RLWS that we have had for 10 weeks. Damage was light to the J Wrap.
I have already ordered the sheetmetal from Forest River in 2 4 foot pieces to cut down on shipping costs and it was $5.00 a foot figuring to cut and overlap as needed. I prefer to perform my own repairs and making an insurance claim is out of the question due to deductible concerns and the stabilizers still work manually and I have been considering replacing with scissor jacks next spring anyway as I am not fond of stab jacks.
My question is how to remove the old piece and replace. The metal comes flat so I will use the old piece as a template and maybe bend around a PVC pipe to match the curve. I do not see any mounting screws on the top but there is a piece of trim on top that is about 1 inch and is caulked above J Wrap. I am thinking that cutting the caulk will allow me to remove the trim similar to the corner beads outside the trailer giving access to mounting screws underneath.
Any insight into this will be appreciated as I prefer to not go blindly into this.

Doug, Virginia, Buster & Sam
2014 F150 Max Tow 3.5 Ecoboost
2015 Flagstaff 27RLWS
2005 Road King
5 Grandkids
dougk53 is offline   Reply With Quote