Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #1

Question Jacks

I have an 07 Flagstaff 5er. tandem axles. My question is: When using a floor jack, where is the best place to raise the trailer from. Where do I position the Jack? On the axle? Frame? I have to change the front pasenger tire, normally I just take it to the tire shop, but this time I thought, I'd just take the wheel off and take it myself. Being an "ultra lite", there's not much frame to work with. Any suggestions?
thanks
TWO4THEROAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Your Flagstaff is a torsion axle camper and has to be jacked on the frame closest to the tire you want to change.

You'll damage the axle if you try to jack it up there.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:57 PM   #3

Best place to position a jack

The locaiton I use is very near the end of the axle, there is a plate running vertically that the axle will pass through before the torsion part of the axle. I use my floor jack and position it where the edge of the axle and this plate rest on the jack face. If you go in at an angle with the jack it works well. Always have jack stands ready to place for saftey. Also if you are just changing one tire I recommend the Trailer Aid. it works well.

I just replaced all 4 of my tires and never moved the trailer. Took two off and went to Discount tire, they mounted the new ones, took them home placed on one side then moved to the other and removed them worked out well. whole process took about 3 hours.

Regards

BK