Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2015, 07:01 PM   #41

Looks like they are finally putting a ladder on them now too..about time.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:23 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebarjay View Post
read this thread from beginning to end...part way googled the flagstaff and I see it is the identicle unit to my forest river rockwood 2309s. some of those add ons are pretty neat...and now I know to check the water tank cross member. changed the showerhead to the ecocamel and added the shurflo accumulator gave me as good a shower as home. took a 3 min shower in it this a.m. [gray tank was empty] then measured how much water used... 1/2 a 5gal bucket..not bad !.. I also added the tall water catchers from HD and curtain clips from bed and bath to hold curtain just above those tall water deflector things. next is to devise a hoop or something to hold shower curtain out at about knee level.
.....i'm real happy with this rig.
When I take a shower I just turn Fantastic Vent Fan on low or medium and it pulls the shower curtain out and away from me and gives me plenty of room to shower (providing a vent or window can be opened to draw from).
danc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:08 AM   #43

that sounds like a good idea with the fan...i'll try mine this a.m. I guess you have same model trailer.
..........my water tank is a third full and has a bow in it. maybe an inch....guess i'll have to see what it looks like with tank empty and tank full and get under there and measure the bow....I like carting water from home.
deebarjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:11 AM   #44

Just got back from a camping trip for 7 days. The gutter on the hitch side of the awning drips from the air conditioner right over the pass through storage door. I put a 5' 1" pvc pipe with a 45 degree fitting over gutter to extend the drip to the front of the trailer just tapeing in place. This is a great trailer with a fantastic floorplan. We bought a $34 folding table with 3 height adjustments to replace the heavy table that came with it. The lowest height for propping our feet on while sitting on the couch and the higher adjustment for eating off of. I also added a bunch of mods that I learned about here.
scottfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 02:09 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebarjay View Post
that sounds like a good idea with the fan...i'll try mine this a.m. I guess you have same model trailer.
..........my water tank is a third full and has a bow in it. maybe an inch....guess i'll have to see what it looks like with tank empty and tank full and get under there and measure the bow....I like carting water from home.
Yes, I have the same tt.....I also added a cheap,thin shower curtain liner the inside of the fabric liner. The outside of the fabric liner would become wet and come in contact with the vanity top edge which resulted in the edge becoming delaminated.
danc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 07:30 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfarm View Post
What year is it?
2013 .....

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:13 PM   #47

Mine is a 2016 and I looked under there to check on the water tank brace and mine looks perty beefy, but I've only had it about a 1/3 full. I'm thinking maybe they made that brace a little stronger with so many complaints. The yellow sticker on mine says the dry weight is 3550 lbs which is about 300 lbs lighter than two other models that were on the lot. Makes me wonder if they left something off.
scottfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:22 PM   #48

I have a 2015 21FBRS and I have hauled with my FW tank full. Checked the supports after empting and they were nice and straight. Must have made an upgrade in recent years

Tags
light