Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2015, 05:55 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneeagle View Post
I thought this unit was supposed to have a heated bed...Is your's heated? Haven't found where a control is if its.

My mattress is heated. I think the control was in the wardrobe cabinet,the plug where the control plugs in is located on end of mattress,(similar to a electric blanket) I don't use mine because I added a 2'' memory foam topper.
danc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:00 PM   #22

Ill have to check that out. Thanks
Camping Days 2013 - 24
Camping Days 2014 - 21
Projected Camping Days 2015 - 30
Loneeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:16 PM   #23

I'm going to take that heavy table out and use my dog crate for my dining room table. That way my dog can eat the crumbs that fall off my plate.
scottfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:33 PM   #24

Sounds like a plan.
Camping Days 2013 - 24
Camping Days 2014 - 21
Old 05-27-2015, 07:51 PM   #25

we use our dog crate when we have to eat inside too ...works great. Live in FL so have a heated mattress for anyone that wants an extra ...

Everyone check the screws for your propane tank platform ....ours had locked & sheered off ...caught it in time (FR sent us new screws after quite a bit of work to get them out - they are installed at the dealership)

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 01:27 PM   #26

What is a good size portable waste tank and what brand should I get for this trailer. I bought a 27gal smart tote2 lx deluxe at camping world and when I got home I read the horrible reviews on it plus it was huge and I returned it. Seems like a 15 gallon one would be more practical.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:05 PM   #27

Also what is a good commode upgrade. I've never sat on a flimsier one. I'm afraid it's going to split open and cut my ass when I sit on it. It is making some scary creeking sounds.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:49 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfarm View Post
Also what is a good commode upgrade. I've never sat on a flimsier one. I'm afraid it's going to split open and cut my ass when I sit on it. It is making some scary creeking sounds.

Mine came with a Dometic 300 which is all plastic. I changed mine out for the 310 model which has a porcelain bowl but the base is plastic however it's much sturdier. It's a 30 min job at most.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:12 PM   #29

I switched the TV and Radio in order to make the TV a little lower. It's a little work but not that tough.

Also took the hinge off the left side of the door at the bottom of the TV/radio stack. Put a knob on it. Tied up the wires on the inside. Makes a neat little extra storage space for soda or bottled water.

Had steel plates welded across the bottom of my water tank after I noticed the frame supports bending.

Put a pull-out faucet in the kitchen sink. It helps a lot with the splash caused by the shallow sink and the high gooseneck faucet.

Did a bunch of other stuff that others have already mentioned so I won't duplicate their posts.

This is a great little trailer. As I've said before, it's 20 feet on the outside and 30 feet on the inside. Enjoy!!
00buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:53 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00buck View Post
I switched the TV and Radio in order to make the TV a little lower. It's a little work but not that tough.

Also took the hinge off the left side of the door at the bottom of the TV/radio stack. Put a knob on it. Tied up the wires on the inside. Makes a neat little extra storage space for soda or bottled water.

Had steel plates welded across the bottom of my water tank after I noticed the frame supports bending.

Put a pull-out faucet in the kitchen sink. It helps a lot with the splash caused by the shallow sink and the high gooseneck faucet.

Did a bunch of other stuff that others have already mentioned so I won't duplicate their posts.

This is a great little trailer. As I've said before, it's 20 feet on the outside and 30 feet on the inside. Enjoy!!
Just dropped my 21FBRS at the dealer to repair bent water tank supports. According to Forest River, they've never seen this problem before! Many of us must be imaging this problem ;-)
danking49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 05:44 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by danking49 View Post
Just dropped my 21FBRS at the dealer to repair bent water tank supports. According to Forest River, they've never seen this problem before! Many of us must be imaging this problem ;-)

We bought ours 3/2014 and it had a bent water tank support. I can't believe they continue to use these inferior supports. When the fresh water tank is full they have a quite a bow in them I'm just hoping I don't drop the tank on the road one of these days.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:42 PM   #32

what did they charge to fix those? Now I have to get under ours next weekend & check.....

Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Old 06-05-2015, 05:29 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by danking49 View Post
Must be mass hysteria!

Life: My repair cost $600. I didn't both with the warranty because of many poor experiences with RV service departments. I took the trailer to a local body shop that works on RV's too. I had them install heavier angle iron for the frame and also add a couple of steel plates across the bottom of the tank.

I never travelled with more that 10 gals of water - at the outside. I'd fill up at campgrounds and drive to my site. Usually just a few hundred yards. I wasn't too happy to discover the bent/sagging frame but am generally pleased with the unit. It's a 2014 (purchase in late June 2013) beginning it's third season with no other major issues.
00buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:36 PM   #34

Well, here she is. Going on our 1st 7 day camping trip tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6-7-2015 104.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	539.4 KB
ID:	79376  
Old 06-07-2015, 09:54 PM   #35

Just had my new Micro out this weekend. Couple weeks out for a longer trip to SC.. Enjoy!
Camping Days 2013 - 24
Camping Days 2014 - 21
Old 06-17-2015, 05:17 PM   #36

Was able to check while out this weekend & low & behold....ours are bowing also after a little water added into those tanks below.

Anyone think a recall may be able to be stirred up or at least help our dealers get a repair kit of sorts that those of us with no mechanical inkling could use?

Old 06-17-2015, 05:56 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Without Whine View Post
Was able to check while out this weekend & low & behold....ours are bowing also after a little water added into those tanks below.

Anyone think a recall may be able to be stirred up or at least help our dealers get a repair kit of sorts that those of us with no mechanical inkling could use?

What year is it?
Old 06-17-2015, 06:07 PM   #38

read this thread from beginning to end...part way googled the flagstaff and I see it is the identicle unit to my forest river rockwood 2309s. some of those add ons are pretty neat...and now I know to check the water tank cross member. changed the showerhead to the ecocamel and added the shurflo accumulator gave me as good a shower as home. took a 3 min shower in it this a.m. [gray tank was empty] then measured how much water used... 1/2 a 5gal bucket..not bad !.. I also added the tall water catchers from HD and curtain clips from bed and bath to hold curtain just above those tall water deflector things. next is to devise a hoop or something to hold shower curtain out at about knee level.
.....i'm real happy with this rig.
deebarjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 06:36 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebarjay View Post
read this thread from beginning to end...part way googled the flagstaff and I see it is the identicle unit to my forest river rockwood 2309s. some of those add ons are pretty neat...and now I know to check the water tank cross member. changed the showerhead to the ecocamel and added the shurflo accumulator gave me as good a shower as home. took a 3 min shower in it this a.m. [gray tank was empty] then measured how much water used... 1/2 a 5gal bucket..not bad !.. I also added the tall water catchers from HD and curtain clips from bed and bath to hold curtain just above those tall water deflector things. next is to devise a hoop or something to hold shower curtain out at about knee level.
.....i'm real happy with this rig.
I was just camping with my Brother-in-law this weekend, He has a Lance. The slide is now out and pulled the frame out of the wall. He has been using it like that for over a month now, and still has to get back to California. I'm trying to talk him into your same unit. What is your weight? When he gets back he is getting it repaired and then trade it in. Glad to hear you like it. Second time in two years that this has happened to him. Last time he lived in it without his slide for a month and it blocks his bathroom. I couldn't do it. IMO Lance are just junk.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 06:59 PM   #40

If I remember correctly, the Rockwood and Flagstaff versions of the this trailer were new in 2012. The first year, the fresh water tank didn't even have those 2 cross bars. People were having trouble so they added those 2 angle iron cross bars. I knew about this before I even got my trailer the next year. I talked to Flagstaff about it. They said they had fixed it. When I got mine, I checked those bars first thing..even before water was put in it. They 'formed' those things to make them work across the bottom of that tank so I think they were bent all along. When that tank is full, it does not look secure under there but I haven't had any problems. I have not traveled with it full though. Knowing what it looks like full, I would never try it either. So those 2 cross bars were a total after thought and rig job and from what y'all are saying, they are still rigging it that way.

Tags
light