Old 05-23-2015, 12:56 PM   #1

Just bought a new micro light 21fbrs

Hey everybody--New to the forum. The wife and I just bought the above and was wondering the opinion of other owners of this model. We won't be using the shower but for storage. What are some good mods other owners have done to this trailer. We retired 3 years ago and bought an older trailer to see if we would enjoy camping and we do. We camp 1 week every month. So we decided on upgrading to a new trailer.

Old 05-23-2015, 01:14 PM   #2
Moderators' Assistant

You might get better responses from owners of the Rockwood twin of your model, since FR sells way more Rockwoods than the twin Flagstaff line.

'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 02:57 PM   #3

That is the unit we have and we love it. We're out once a month for 10-14 days. We're now planning out 2+ month get away to Maine. Get an Oxygenics shower head.
We also keep a Eva-Dry dehumidifier on when parked at home 24/7.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:14 PM   #4

Just bought this unit myself and so far it's great. Couple of mods I've made are turning the closet by the refrigerator into a pantry. Got a shelving unit that fits inside then square baskets that slide in for canned goods etc. so the don't fly around. Got over the door hooks for hanging coat/hat on outside of bathroom door, inside for towels etc. Have a plastic storage tote that I put electrical cords/water hose/sewer hose that fits perfect in the back side storage unit. Sure I'll find more wonderful things to make it more homey
Old 05-24-2015, 08:08 PM   #5

We like our 2104S. Learned how to take showers without making a mess. Murphy bed is nice option. Radio is a hit or miss, but nice when it's working. Easy to tow with small pickup. I think you will enjoy yours.
okiecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:04 AM   #6

Thanks for the responses everybody. I pull mine with a Tacoma v-6 off road 4x4 and it does great. I bought a scan guage to monitor transmission temps. It give me two readings. Pan temp and exiting torq convertor temps. The temp runs about 180 highway and gets a little higher in traffic. I am going to try a manually operated switch for a fan on my transmission cooler so I can turn it on in traffic as needed. Love this floor plan. I had a 2006 trail lite 8230 23' before this.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:13 AM   #7

We bought our 21 FBRS last year and we've had it out 3 times but will use it more this summer. I put shelves in closet by refrigerator and some hooks in there for costs and umbrella. I also put little trays in the bathroom medicine cabinet do things won't fall out when you open the door. We are going to get baby locks for the drawers because they come open when we travel. We are also going to get different stabilizer jacks.

Have fun and welcome! Everyone on here is extremely helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-25-2015, 10:46 AM   #8

THANKS

Glad to hear you are enjoying your camper. Like your ideas, particularly the baby lock on the drawers...Mine are open when I arrive also. Will have to try that trick.

Thanks.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:46 AM   #9
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

I'm at number 10 for shelves, even put up a hair dryer holder....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0514141506b.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	262.4 KB
ID:	77995   Click image for larger version

Name:	0514141507a.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	260.6 KB
ID:	77996   Click image for larger version

Name:	0514141509a.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	311.6 KB
ID:	77997   Click image for larger version

Name:	0527140856 (2).jpg
Views:	142
Size:	331.9 KB
ID:	77998   Click image for larger version

Name:	0702141546.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	289.2 KB
ID:	77999  

donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:13 PM   #10

Great ideas all. I also added hooks inside the BR door and outside. I added a bike rack welded to the frame with a slide-in jack. I placed two little circular LED lights over the bed as reading lights. I tow with a Land Rover HSE so I can (and do) get way off road when I get to the camping area. We also got an outside "front porch" tent which zips in easily to the awning channel. It is made by Carefree and we got it from Hilltop RV Superstore. This has expanded our outdoor time when it rains and added privacy too. It is either the Vacation'r or the Buena Vista. No holes, etc., just the awning channel.

Tags
light