Old 04-04-2016, 08:23 AM   #1

Smile Just got back from the Inaugural weekend

Just got back in from the inaugural weekend. I must say that I am beyond pleased with my new toy (not official name)

We used every system on it and in it. It all works as promised.

We did find that the water filter put in by the dealer during the PDI was not the correct one and water leaked out of the housing. Need to find the correct ones and purchase them before we go out again. I was expecting something to leak somewhere and caught it before any damage was done.

The levels that were stuck on it were not level and threw everything off. Have to get those adjusted.

We got a portable electric fireplace that we purchased from a friend and it almost ran us out of there on Saturday night/Sunday morning. My poor dogs got too hot and started crying at 3:00 in the morning

Our new Equalizer hitch arrived over the weekend and we just ordered the rest of the parts we need for it and then get the truck and trailer to the shop to have them install it and level it all out.

I reckon it is true what they say... That your 4th trailer in the first one you should have bought.

Old 04-06-2016, 01:15 AM   #2
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinn View Post
I reckon it is true what they say... That your 4th trailer in the first one you should have bought.
Truer words have never been spoken

1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 09:09 AM   #3

We did some modifications to it and are happy with the way they turned out.

We added bracing to shelving under the counter top since I wanted to be able to put more than a few plastic bowls on it.
No pictures though, rough cut boards aren't pretty.

The dreaded wobbly dinette table leg set up was replaced with folding table legs.. I neglected to account for human legs while attaching them. Our solution is to turn the table side ways.

Shelf in upper cabinet has been added and I am beyond happy with it.

Bike Rack added to ladder.

Had to fix an outdoor speaker wire. As short investigation and problem was resolved with anew wire connector and electricians tape.

Also had to reinstall an outlet by the dinette. It had come loose, really fun to become a contortionist to secure it back into the wall. I didn't take the door off right beside the outlet. reached between it.

Oh and we gave her some eyes to see with.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OOOPPS 3877.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	324.5 KB
ID:	105296   Click image for larger version

Name:	OOOPPS 3878.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	325.2 KB
ID:	105297   Click image for larger version

Name:	OOOPPS 3880.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	224.8 KB
ID:	105298   Click image for larger version

Name:	OOOPPS 3883.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	400.9 KB
ID:	105300  
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2016, 07:52 PM   #4

Question about the bike rack on the ladder - doesnt it worry you to have that much weight hanging (and bouncing) on your ladder as you roll down the interstate? I'd be worried that it would loosen, possibly cause a leak, or even rip off while driving.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:27 PM   #5

This a concern and will be watched closely when we are traveling. If it seem to be too much, it will most certainly be removed and Plan B implemented, which is putting our bikes in the bed of the truck.
Old 04-24-2016, 05:41 AM   #6

Finally got around to weighing our bicycles and we determined that his bike is too heavy to go n the ladder rack, so it will be going in the bed of the truck and mine will be going on the rack and tied down.

His alone weighs almost 50 lbs. mine weighs in at almost 40, Didn't realize that they were that heavy.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:51 AM   #7

Glad you guys checked it out. I would love to find a good way to carry bikes, as I have 6 kids and no way other than putting the in the TT. We drive an Excursion, so no truck bed to use. Our last Jayco had a neat "shelf" / bike rack that slid out of the back of the TT and could hold 4 bikes, but even that wouldn't fit them all. Have been avoiding the roof of the Excursion because I'm planning to put a couple of kayaks up there. We've basically almost abandoned bikes for everyone and just bring a couple of various sizes and share.

Glad your new rig is working out well!
Old 04-24-2016, 03:37 PM   #8
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinn View Post
Finally got around to weighing our bicycles and we determined that his bike is too heavy to go n the ladder rack, so it will be going in the bed of the truck and mine will be going on the rack and tied down.

His alone weighs almost 50 lbs. mine weighs in at almost 40, Didn't realize that they were that heavy.
Yep, most people don't realize how heavy their bikes are.
Unless you're willing to spend some money, steel frame bikes will be heavy.

My bikes aren't cheap but they're much lighter.
My road bike is under 20lbs and my cross country full suspension mountain bike is under 25lbs

Thats why I refuse to put our bikes on the rear of the trailer.
Can't see them until you see them bouncing down the road, in your rear view mirror.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote