Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2017, 08:33 AM   #41

We park out Sunseeker as level as we can on our campsite,,, put out the 3 slides and leave it @ that !!! When I choose a camp site @ one of our State Campgrounds I always look for lever site ,,, On the DNR Web Site !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:38 AM   #42

Love the new Autolevel system on my Flagstaff. Well worth the extra money. Hit a button and it does it for you. But I level before slides go out and then hit it again once slides are out to make sure its all good to go.

2018 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 832OKBS

2016 GMC 2500 Denali
rmk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 12:13 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmk83 View Post
Love the new Autolevel system on my Flagstaff. Well worth the extra money. Hit a button and it does it for you. But I level before slides go out and then hit it again once slides are out to make sure its all good to go.
Why? Just level it with the slides out, no need to run the darn thing twice
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:34 PM   #44

With the Anderson levelers (love 'em) my DW stands with the 2' Dollar Store carpenter's level pressed against the side of the camper, while I'm behind the wheel. When she yells 'stop' I obey, and she puts the chocks under the levelers. All before the slide comes out or the stabilizers go down.

Haven't noticed any problems. Fridge works fine so far. Haven't rolled out of bed, or been limited as to the amount of beverage in my glass.

I got a little carried away the first couple trips, and tried leveling with the level on the floor, the countertop, the table... Found out that they're all different.

Turns out 'close enough,' for us, is close enough.

Tug: 2010 2wd Nissan Armada Titanium with tow package.
Specs: Max Trailer Weight 9,100, Tongue Load: 910, GCWR: 15,100, GVWR: 7,150, Payload: 1,592
DadOfTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:36 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadOfTwo View Post
With the Anderson levelers (love 'em) my DW stands with the 2' Dollar Store carpenter's level pressed against the side of the camper, while I'm behind the wheel. When she yells 'stop' I obey, and she puts the chocks under the levelers. All before the slide comes out or the stabilizers go down.

Haven't noticed any problems. Fridge works fine so far. Haven't rolled out of bed, or been limited as to the amount of beverage in my glass.

I got a little carried away the first couple trips, and tried leveling with the level on the floor, the countertop, the table... Found out that they're all different.

Turns out 'close enough,' for us, is close enough.
Darn it! I posted that, then this last weekend we went camping. Leveled as per usual, but after running the slide out it was noticeably low on that side. Shoulda never read this stinkin thread...

Tug: 2010 2wd Nissan Armada Titanium with tow package.
Specs: Max Trailer Weight 9,100, Tongue Load: 910, GCWR: 15,100, GVWR: 7,150, Payload: 1,592
DadOfTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:02 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Why? Just level it with the slides out, no need to run the darn thing twice
LOL. Because I was told to have a level coach before putting slides out. Less possible binding depending on the site you are in.

And all I have to do is push a button again. It's not like it's extra work. The system makes a few minor adjustments if it needs to and beeps. All while I'm doing other stuff.

2018 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 832OKBS

2016 GMC 2500 Denali
rmk83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, slide, slide out