Old 05-06-2016, 01:41 PM   #1
Light wires & mice

Hi, all. This is my first post. So please forgive me if I mess some thing up.

I have a 2013 Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 832IKBS. It sits on a seasonal site in central Wisconsin year round. My wife and I love it.

The problem started last season about 4 weeks before we had to close it up. We opened it up for the weekend and turned on the light for the steps and they did not work. Turned them off and checked the fuses, it was good, turned it on and it worked but the clearance and tail lights came on also. Didn't do anything with them at that time. The next weekend we went back and the fuse blew when I turned it on. Changed fuse and nothing. Didn't bother with them for the season.

So, this season on opening weekend I decided to dig into it and pulled the lights off the side of the trailer. The mice had chewed through both the wires for the step light and the clearance light next to each other. I had cut the openings a little larger so I can look inside and I don't see the other ends of the wires.

The bottom of the trailer is enclosed so I was wondering if i need to remove the complete lower panel which is about 8 feet long so I can fix it. I have photos if it helps.

Sorry, I didn't know this would be posted in the section I was viewing at the time. Could a moderator please move it to the proper place?

Thanks, Rich

Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 01:59 PM   #2
I had the same thing happen to my previous trailer. If wanted, you can make a an access flap in the bottom of the corrugated plastic underbelly cover so you can repair the damage. Once you repair the wiring, make patch to go over the cutout. You can buy sheets of plastic at many home improvement stores.

Seasonally in the Grand Marias, MN campground
On the beautiful shores of Lake Superior

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is offline   Reply With Quote