Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2013, 10:10 AM   #1

Looking to buy a 2013 Flagstaff Microlite 23lb......

We are looking to buy a 2013 Microlite 23lb. I would like to know what your feedback is on your Flagstaff product and any interaction with Forest River as far as warranty work. Hope to buy today...........
westland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:45 PM   #2

I bought a 831rbls last may and love it as far as the warranty I found out that you can call forest river and get and extend warranty for 150$ that my dealer never told me about but you have to do it in the first 30 days
Derick441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:11 PM   #3

We have the Rockwood Minilite ETC-181 which is exactly the same as the Flagstaff line. i.e. the 23LB is a Rockwood 2306. In our case we had an issue with how the murphy bed was anchored when down. FR took the TT back to the factory in Indiana and improved how the bed was tied down at no cost to us. We also bought the additional year of warranty for $150. The 23LB is a good TT. Best of luck
Prodigy P3, E2 WDH
rschoono289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:30 AM   #4

I too have the Mini Lite 2306 and love it. The only problem we had was saw dust in the water lines that fed the kitchen sink. It worked good for the first time out then the saw dust must have built up and clooged the faucet. I took it apart at the camp ground cleaned it out and other then that we love our 2306, so good luck!!!

2013 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 w/Murphy Bed
2004 F-150 4.6 Liter 4x2 Factory Tow Package
2012 - 21 Nights Camped
2013 - 21 Nights Camped
wolfpack21643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:19 PM   #5

We have the Microlite 25KS, which has the murphy bed. Bought it last July. The 23LB is basically our trailer without the slide.
The only complaint I have is, there is not any pass through outside storage.
But other than that I love my trailer! I would absolutely recommend it.
However, if you can spare the extra money for a slide out, I would do it. It adds a TON of space, and the bathroom in the 25KS is awesome!
STL-UltraLite25KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #6

I bought 2012 Micro Lite in 2011 with with everything I wanted and more.I got the power awning ,TV,stereo system with outside speakers,heated mattress,oven,outside shower.I would have like to had a outside stove not the grill oh.I wanted a gas,elec. hot water tank more counter space, slide out,cabinet space and it had it.We used it 5 times or 25 days and we enjoy it. without any problem. Can't wait to get out this year.Good luck on your search. westland 1
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #7

We are going on our 3rd year with our Flagstaff 25DS and have been very happy with it. We looked at a lot of different models but none could match the price vs standard features the Flagstaff offered. We had some growing pains on our first couple trips, but if our dealer had done any prep at all I think most of the problems we had would have been taken care of before we took possession of it. It has been a well built, mostly trouble free camper. I love how it tows and rides with the independent suspension. Keep in mind it is a lightweight camper and isn't built like the heavyweights. For example the floor is quite thin with Styrofoam under it and in the high traffic area by the sink and fridge the floor is a bit spongy from the Styrofoam becoming compressed. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one though.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by backin15 View Post
We are going on our 3rd year with our Flagstaff 25DS and have been very happy with it. We looked at a lot of different models but none could match the price vs standard features the Flagstaff offered. We had some growing pains on our first couple trips, but if our dealer had done any prep at all I think most of the problems we had would have been taken care of before we took possession of it. It has been a well built, mostly trouble free camper. I love how it tows and rides with the independent suspension. Keep in mind it is a lightweight camper and isn't built like the heavyweights. For example the floor is quite thin with Styrofoam under it and in the high traffic area by the sink and fridge the floor is a bit spongy from the Styrofoam becoming compressed. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one though.
I think with some of the problems I hear about is the dealers are not doing there fair share..I bought mind from Trailer City in WV. and when I call about something they walk me thru it .When I bought mind home I didn't have to clean up after anyone.We are very happy with it so far.
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #9

I am considering purchasing the 23LB. I plan to pull it with an F-250 diesel with factory tow package. I have read various descriptions about sway bars and am very confused. What sway bar should I install/use? FWIW, dry hitch wt is 356 and dry gross weight is 3630.
Don Wills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #10
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

The factory rep explained blueprints are not available (nor kept at the factory) to trace wiring or plumbing. But I do love my FR 5r.
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote