Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2016, 08:24 PM   #1

Looking to buy a 2017 micro lite bhs

Any thing i should watch out for
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 08:25 AM   #2
Site Team

Sorry I missed this sooner.

Have you downloaded the PDI sheets listed on this forum? If not I suggest you do and then go through the list of items to check until you know them.

Take the list with you and once you get to the dealer don't let them rush you. Take your time and make sure they operate each and every item on the list. Including the furnace and A/C. Even the water pump and heater. Get them to show you how to winterize the system and where the water heater bypass valves are. If you plan on using the RV immediately, be sure they show you how to set the bypass valves to the proper position and make sure they're set like that.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:11 AM   #3

I would put the slide in , to see if you can get to back of trailer. just looked at the new layout 25brds and it was very tight when slide was in
tools1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 02:52 PM   #4

We just bought a 2017 25BHS. Our first camping trip is October 7th. Will let you know if we run into any problems. So far I love the layout, lots of floor space. Love all the storage too.
tltay2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 09:00 PM   #5

We bought our 2017 25BHS in June
And we are new to all of this , but most of our issues have been operator error. Trailor is great the stabilizer jacks are a little flimsy on gravel you might want to try to get a level base under them first to avoid shifting the mounts. Make sure you check the emergency brake away cable before pulling out. Ours was warped and it caused the brakes to lock up on our second outing. I'm towing with a 2014 v6 Silverado and I was getting 3mpg for the first 12 miles. The dealer was able to find the malfunction and forest river covered it under warranty. Normal MPG is 9 to 10 at 2000rpm
Seib1978 is offline   Reply With Quote