Old 07-27-2009, 10:02 AM   #1
New Flagstaff Owner
Loose wiring in 27bhss

I picked up my new 2009 27bhss last week and discovered a potentially dangerous situation over the weekend. I noticed the clock on my microwave was not on. I went to access the breakers/fuses in the converter and everything looked okay. I turned around and looked and the clock has come back on on the microwave. I then noticed if I pushed on the body of the microwave breaker in the converter, the clock would come on and go off.

I took off the face of the converter (after cutting off all juice to the trailer) and the wire was loose going into the microwave breaker. I had to take the breaker out and reinstall the wire. It looks like they missed the contact in back of the breaker.

We are firing on all cylinders now but thought I would alert everyone to this problem I discovered. Now I am totally paranoid!

ddossey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:32 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member
I know the feeling. We had an Invertor installed by Camping World which included a monitor panel. One evening I happened to out in the motorhome when I saw the panel lit. I checked it out and it read Low AC Input Line 1. I checked everything out and found one feed from the cord had burned out the lug in the transfer box. Thankfully, I was in the motorhome at the time and the Xantrex Invertor Panel did it's job. I was able to cut the burned wire back about 6" until I found good wire and made the connection in a spare lug. This could have been really serious had it not been detected. The wire just came out when I pulled on it. It appears it was never torqued at the factory, so it arced until it burned out the lug and wire. Since that time the cord has been replaced under warranty due to the plug seperating from the cord. Hopefully all your issues are behind you but I check that connection religiously before and after each trip along with the others.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote

27bhss, converter, flagstaff