Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2019, 04:32 PM   #1

Love the new 25BDS

Picked up a 2020 Micro Lite 25BDS two weeks ago. We haven’t taken it out yet, but we’re slowly getting it ready. We got the 30amp extension cord yesterday and were able to spend a longer amount of time inside, putting together shelves for the cabinets above the toilet and remaking the Murphy bed with washable bedding.

Our first trip out is July 3rd for the long weekend. Hopefully everything will work and it’ll be a pleasant shake down trip. We’ve already tested most of the systems here at home.

Anyone else have a Micro Lite who would like to chime in? We’re long-time fifth wheel people and now that the kids are grown and not camping with us we’re excited to have a smaller, more manageable unit
Micro Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:29 AM   #2

Congratulations on your new BDS. I bought my 2019 BDS in April and love everything about it. However, about 2 weeks after I got it home, I decided to add a Maxxair vent cover and to my horror, discovered a small fingernail size tear in the roof membrane. Any tear to the roof membrane is large enough to compromise the roof luan and invite moisture. It made me sick.

So my recommendation is to get on the roof and inspect every inch of it. I live in South Texas and bought my BDS in Louisiana so taking it back to the dealer for repair would have been a great inconvenience. Fortunately, Forest River approved an entire roof replacement since the tear was a factory defect. I was lucky enough to have a local FR dealer take it in to do the work.
Looking forward to getting my BDS back soon so I can !
Famoussenior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 09:11 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro Mom View Post
Picked up a 2020 Micro Lite 25BDS two weeks ago. We haven’t taken it out yet, but we’re slowly getting it ready. We got the 30amp extension cord yesterday and were able to spend a longer amount of time inside, putting together shelves for the cabinets above the toilet and remaking the Murphy bed with washable bedding.

Our first trip out is July 3rd for the long weekend. Hopefully everything will work and it’ll be a pleasant shake down trip. We’ve already tested most of the systems here at home.

Anyone else have a Micro Lite who would like to chime in? We’re long-time fifth wheel people and now that the kids are grown and not camping with us we’re excited to have a smaller, more manageable unit

We have that model in 2019. The outdoor kitchen is out of this world. We had an aframe and to move to this was like having our own studio apt.
We travel with 2 mutts and they gave it a 2 thumbs up also.
Old 06-23-2019, 09:46 PM   #4

We have the Rockwood version of the 25brds. A big selling point for us was the 1/2ton towability and all the extra floor space you have as a result of the murphy bed. Of course we have 2 small kids but the dog likes the space too. It also fits in my driveway and just about every campsite I can think of.
pilotpip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 03:43 PM   #5

We looked at the Rockwood Mini Lites first. We had originally seen one with a front kitchen/mid bath/rear bedroom that we really liked until we realized it had virtually no storage. One thing led to another and we ended up with the 25BDS. We second guessed our decision right up until signing the papers and bringing it home. As we’ve been slowly adding new bedding, shelving, over the door storage, etc. we’re realizing that we made the right choice for us.
Micro Mom is offline   Reply With Quote