Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2013, 08:24 AM   #1

Magic Chef microwave

Before our first trip out the microwave ceased to function. I returned tot he dealer with 4 small warranty items and they repaired this stating it was a loos ground wire or some wire.
On the least trip it worked great.
As soon as we got home it was dead again.
Has anyone else experienced this problem with the Magic Chef microwave in the Micro-lite?
Thanks,
uphillracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #2

I haven't had that particular problem but the door on mine doesn't close properly unless you push hard at the top of the door. The worst part is that it appears to be fully closed. On a recent trip we arrived home to find the door had swung open and the glass tray was smashed all over the floor.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #3

Well, I just got back from the repair and it was the plug that came out of the socket again. This time this repairman used a tie to secure it. I don't think I'll have the problem anymore.
Good luck.
uphillracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:40 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRock View Post
I haven't had that particular problem but the door on mine doesn't close properly unless you push hard at the top of the door. The worst part is that it appears to be fully closed. On a recent trip we arrived home to find the door had swung open and the glass tray was smashed all over the floor.
I had the same issue with my microwave door too. Being a short girl I couldn't see it wasn't closed on top.

To the OP:
Glad you got the problem taken care of. Hopefully the tie lock will do the trick.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 03:17 PM   #5
want a Cat 293REX

same problems, thanks for the heads up about the glass! They had no problem wtih the warranty request work?
boatless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 03:30 PM   #6

Be careful. The door on ours is working fine but the glass tray was heavy enough to push the door open by itelf and shatter on the floor also while traveling. We now pack the glass dish in the closet while traveling.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote